MiHoYo decided to start bring Christmas home early this year, as they have published details of four new characters over on the official Twitter today! One of these characters we knew was coming in the next patch in two days time, and we saw a preview of Ayaka at the end of the 1.6 trailer, but the other two are brand new!
Genshin Impact fans have been notorious for leaking new character details well in advance, and Ayaka in particular has been hotly anticipated since the beta – but it appears that Mihoyo has decided to try a new tactic and get ahead of the leaks this time! Here are the characters details in full!
Table of Contents
- 1 Kaedehara Kazuha, Scarlet Leaves Pursue Wild Waves
- 2 Kamisato Ayaka, Frostflake Heron
- 3 Yoimiya, Frolicking Flames
- 4 Sayu, Mujina Ninja
- 4.1 RaszeroI’ve been playing Genshin Impact almost since launch and have been hooked playing daily since! I enjoy engrossing myself in every aspect of the game and particularly pride myself on an affliation for Keqing and the pursuit of moving around the map as fast as possible.You can find my articles here at Traveler.gg, and check out my Youtube channel here – I post a variety of guides, amusing content, experiments and more!
Kaedehara Kazuha, Scarlet Leaves Pursue Wild Waves
Kazuha is the only character we know the release window for – they are confirmed to feature in the next patch, 1.6, most likely in the last three weeks of the patch as a new 5* character. MiHoYo’s official character notes are as follows –
- Kaedehara Kazuha ‧ Scarlet Leaves Pursue Wild Waves
- A wandering samurai who has left his homeland
- Acer Palmatum
Kamisato Ayaka, Frostflake Heron
Ayaka was a character popular in the beta test for the game since well before it’s release, steadily gaining in popularity as the hype surrounding her grows and people find her beta footage. It is currently unknown when Ayaka will resurface as a character wish, although a banner coinciding with 1.7 is a good bet we won’t know for certain for another six weeks. Here character notes are –
- Kamisato Ayaka ‧ Frostflake Heron
- Daughter of the Yashiro Commission’s Kamisato Clan
- Grus Nivis
Yoimiya, Frolicking Flames
The first of two characters with no official reveal before now, Yoimiya looks to be competing with Amber for the pyro archer spot – My Nuzlocke would certianly appreciate her aim! There is no official word yet on when the character will appear, nor even if they are 4* or 5*!. We know nothing for sure beyond this detail and have no idea what patch they will appear in, so keep your eyes peeled on traveler.gg for more information as it comes!
- Yoimiya ‧ Frolicking Flames
- Owner of Naganohara Fireworks
- Carassius Auratus
Sayu, Mujina Ninja
The last of four characters, and another to hail from Inazuma. Again, we know very little, not even if they are 4* or 5*. Given we haven’t seen a new 4* Anemo character since release, and Sucrose is the only one at that, another 4* would be a welcome choice for those looking to increase their movement speed in game or take advantage of the powerful Viridescent Venerer set found in the Valley of Rememberance. We can only wait and see what MiHoYo announces. Her official notes are –
- Sayu ‧ Mujina Ninja
- Shiyuumatsu-Ban’s Resident Ninja
- Nyctereutes Minor
And that’s all the new characters for today, but it was an unexpected treat! More details should follow in the coming weeks, although it could still be months before these characters are available. Be sure to look out for any news!