Alhaitham Quick TL;DR Team Comp Guide
Alhaitham (literally the “knowledge is power” guy)
|Extremely consistent Dendro procs||Strong self-buffs||Dendro Keqing if she was broken|
|Has Dendro DMG% as Ascension stat||Decent damage multipliers||Easy to play|
|Viable DPS is most comps + variety|
|Q is 80 cost and has gimmick||Suffers from energy costs||Long CD’s on E and Q|
|Reliant on team synergy to max DPS||Requires C1 to negate long downtime|
PSA #1: Alhaitham is a great main DPS that has a lot of potential. While his CD’s can’t be negated
without constellations, you can still easily maximize his DPS output with a solid team comp! Below is my
Who to take (alternatives explained below!):
- Her E is a great, spammable Dendro particle generator + constantly proc’s Dendro
- Q is the strongest EM buff when paired with her A1 passive, greatly boosting Alhaitham’s EM for more damage
- Can run 4x Deepwood Memories to shred enemy’s Dendro RES — basically acts like a 30% Dendro buff to Alhaitham
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH YAOYAO OR SUCROSE FOR CHEAPER EM BUFFING!
- Her E is an amazing mobility/re-positioning utility that can proc Hydro on multiple enemies
- Yelan’s Q is a strong off-field DPS option that synergizes amazingly with Alhaitham — allowing multiple Dendro Cores for Bloom + Hyperbloom setup
- Her Ascension 1 Passive grants a free 50% DMG buff, boosting Alhaitham’s DPS on all fronts
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH XINGQUI/THOMA OR RAIDEN FOR FOCUS ON SPREAD/QUICKEN REACTIONS!
- Shinobu’s E is a great heal that often applies Electro to nearby enemies — works great since Alhaitham is melee 24/7
- Q can be used as either an Electro-trigger for Alhaitham to proc off of, or can be run as a burst DPS option for higher rotation DPS
- Frequent Electro proc’s paired with Dendro Cores cause Hyperbloom, with helps deal massive Dendro to nearby enemies (must pair with Hydro)
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH ANY HEALER OR BENNETT FOR BURGEON + BUFFS
PSA #2: The team comp above is extremely easy in rotation and allows for both massive single target
and group damage! It’s a higher energy generation comp as well, but if you’re still struggling then you
can run an Anemo battery to substitude Nahida’s or Yelan’s slot.
The rotation is pretty simple: Nahida E + Q at start to mark enemies > Shinobu E > Yelan E + Q >
Alhaitham E and then spam 2NA 1CA combo > Alhaitham or Shinobu Q when it’s up > repeat.
Basically you just go through your team and once all the buffs are active then swap to Alhaitham to deal
massive Hyperbloom/Quicken damage! There is about a 3-4 second downtime, but it’s not the worst
(gets mitigated the more ER% your Alhaitham has).
Great flex slot alternatives:
- Yaoyao – Yaoyao is a great Dendro applicator + amazing healer. If you have her C1, it actually helps A LOT for Alhaitham as her heals will also return Stamina back to Alhaitham.
- Collei – While her E isn’t the best application or damage, it’s a great energy generator + spammable if you run her with Sacrificial. Her Q is great for the taunt + contant Dendro AoE DMG!
- Sucrose/Kazuha/Venti – All three are great Anemo AoE CC’s and all do a great job sustaining Alhaitham’s 80 cost Burst. Sucrose is better of the two due to her raw EM buffing + being able to run TTDS for the 48%+ ATK buff. Kazuha is a great battery option that can subsequently Swirl with Electro/Hydro/Pyro to keep applying Dendro reactions — likewise with Venti, but he’s better for combo-ing with Alhaitham’s Q.
- Xingqiu – Xingqiu fulfills the same roles as Yelan, but substitute the additional DMG for a sub-Heal and tankiness. However, the benefit with Xingqiu is you can run either Sacrificial Sword or Favonius to generate more energy than Yelan (more particle count)
- Thoma – Sort of a psuedo-shielder/off-field Burst Support that allows for Alhaitham to run a Burgeon comp rather than Hyperbloom. Substitute Shinobu with a Dendro (like Yaoyao) and run Thoma in Nahida’s slot.
- Raiden/Fishcl/Yae – All three are basically off-field Electro Enablers that allow for Alhaitham to proc Quicken/Spread.
- Barbara – Barbara is actually not bad for the Healer slot with Alhaitham due to her ability to proc Bloom. While her E only applies Hydro to nearby enemies per heal proc (so 5x), you can use her E then NA or CA once to quickly apply Hydro before swapping off to get the Bloom procs.
- Bennett – Bennett is always a solid Support/Healer/Buffer in general, but replacing Shinobu with Bennett allows for a consistent Burgeon comp. Just make sure to fully maximize his Q by fighting in it (obviously), and make sure the enemies are inside before Alhaitham Q.
- Beidou – Beidou is a sub-DPS that has off-field potential with her Q. It is a bit energy in-efficient, but her Burst does do a decent job spreading Electro to nearby enemies — it also provides a pretty decent interruption resistance for Alhaitham as well!
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS BELOW! I’ll try my best to respond as I know some players may not have ANY of the characters mentioned.
Hope this helped. Bye.