There are 8 treasure maps around Morte Region that you can find, alongside 8 treasure chests from said maps. Some of the chests won’t spawn unless you get the treasure maps first. After you get the last treasure chest, you will get a hidden achievement “À la volonté du peuple.”
Looking for Treasure Map
➥ The image above shows the location of each treasure map (every one of them is underwater). Once you reach the spots, find a huge shell and hit it to open the shell and get a treasure map inside the shell.
1. Teleport to the Tower of Ipsissimus surface waypoint and dive into the water. From the tower’s position, swim southeast towards a ruin (there’s a Hydroculus here). Go to the top of the ruin and you will see a shell. The first map is inside that shell.
2. Teleport to the same waypoint as #1 and dive into the water again but swim east. You will see another ruin with a shell at the top of a ruin again.
3. Teleport to the underwater waypoint north of the Tower of Ipsissimus and turn around before entering the ruin. Once you enter the entrance, immediately turn left to see a huge shell.
4. Teleport to S7 in Morte Region, head west, and dive into the water. Once you’re in the water, face south and you should see another ruin with a shell in front of a ruin. There’s an invisible barrier here so you can just swim around the ruin and enter through the window.
5. Teleport to East Slopes of Mont Automnequi north waypoint and head northeast into the water. You can see a huge ruin there and look down to see a shell (it’s outside the ruin).
6. Teleport to the East Slopes of Mont Automnequi’s southeast waypoint and look to the north at the waverider waypoint direction. Enter the water just before the waverider waypoint and you should see the shell.
7. Teleport to Fort Charybdis Ruins farthest south waypoint and glide towards the waverider waypoint. Dive into the water in front of that waverider waypoint and you should see the shell beside a ruin.
8. Teleport to Fort Charybdis Ruins southeast underwater waypoint and swim southwest to a shipwreck. The shell is just in front of the shipwreck.
Looking for Treasures Itself
➥ Now that you have all 8 treasure maps, time to get all the treasure chests. The image above shows the location of each treasure chest. Each of them has a different requirement to spawn the chests so just head to the location first.
1. Teleport to Fort Charybdis Ruins north waypoint and head east towards the small island. Defeat the special Treasure Hoarder called Davy Smith to spawn a treasure chest.
2. Teleport to Fort Charybdis Ruins southeast underwater waypoint and swim south towards the small island. Defeat another special Treasure Hoarder called Davy Smith Jr to spawn a treasure chest.
3. Teleport to the Lumidouce Harbor waypoint and head northeast to the lower area of the harbor (specifically on the small island). There is a shovel there and you need to interact with the said shovel to spawn a treasure chest.
4. Teleport to the Foggy Forest Path waypoint and head east towards the shipwreck “The Rusty Rudders” with a huge fish hanging on the ship. There are 4 torches here (use Elemental Sight to see) and you need to light up only 1 specific torch using Pyro while using Hydro on the other torches to snuff out the fire. The specific torch you need to light up is on the side of the ship (near multiple steel boxes, the one my Yoimiya is aiming at in the image above).
5. Teleport to the Fountain of Lucine northeast waypoint that is nearest to the mountain and climb said mountain to the top. Once you’re at the top, the game will zoom in automatically to a certain spot in the north, and a wind current will appear. Glide into the wind current towards the zoomed-in location and a treasure chest will spawn.
6. Teleport to Weeping Willow of the Lake’s southeast waypoint and climb the small hill on your east. Once you’re on top of the hill, look down to your northeast and you glide slowly to see an apple on top of a dead tree. Hit the exact tree multiple times until a treasure chest spawns.
7. From the previous location at the apple tree, head northeast towards the small pond. Enter the pond after cleaning the contamination clots and there should be an option to ‘Enter.’ There are 4 switches you need to interact here in order: beside the chair > in the water > beside the fire > on the wall on top of boxes.
8. Teleport to the same waypoint as #6, head to the small island on your northeast and climb the highest mountain there. At the top of the mountain, face southeast and you will a patch of grass that looks like a fish. Head to that spot and stand on the ‘eye’ of the fish before jumping once to spawn a treasure chest.
➥ After you get the last treasure chest, you will get a hidden achievement “À la volonté du peuple.”