Table of Contents
- 1 PSA #1: Aloy is that character no expected or asked for, but was basically forced down our throats cause miHoYo has to secure that sweet, sweet PS4 crossplay bag 🤑 (PC players will get her later for free, don’t worry!)
- 2 PSA #2: Both Aloy’s abilities scale off ATK, and I’ll say it right off the bat: she can do some decent damage, she’s a lot better fit for burst DPS! However, this guide will cover both main and burst DPS builds!
- 3 WEAPON #1 (Recommended for best DPS): Thundering Pulse
- 4 WEAPON #2 (Recommended for 4-star DPS): Rust
- 5 ARTIFACT #1 (Recommended for main DPS): Blizzard Strayer
- 6 ARTIFACT #2 (Recommended for burst DPS): Emblem of Severed Fate
PSA #1: Aloy is that character no expected or asked for, but was basically forced down our throats cause miHoYo has to secure that sweet, sweet PS4 crossplay bag 🤑 (PC players will get her later for free, don’t worry!)
PSA #2: Both Aloy’s abilities scale off ATK, and I’ll say it right off the bat: she can do some decent damage, she’s a lot better fit for burst DPS! However, this guide will cover both main and burst DPS builds!
Aloy’s E is pretty unique, so I’ll break down all the neato aspects of it:
After the initial explosion, it will drop a total of 6 mines that are spread out sporadically. These mines can be picked up by every Anemo ability EXCEPT Venti’s Q. Here’s the gist:
- Kazuha’s E picks up the mines and focuses them near the center (great for AoE nuking)
- Sucrose’s E will slowly gather the mines to the center (not as strong as Kazuha’s E)
- Jean’s E can hold them in place OR tap E to launch them at an enemy!
- Anemo Traveler’s E + Q will suck the mines up like a vaccum
These mines provide a debuff and a buff.
- Debuff: Enemies who touch a mine have their ATK decreased by 12% for 6 seconds (ATK debuff scales higher you level E). DOES NOT STACK!
- Buff: Every mine that gets triggered gives a Coil stack, that gives her a 5.8%/11.7%/17.5% Normal Attack DMG buff (NA buff scales higher you level E)
Coil stack NA buffs are not additive, but rather replace each other. So at 3 stacks, you’ll have a total of 17.5%, not 35% (5.8 + 11.7 + 17.5)
You’ll know how many stacks Aloy currently has as a giant blue 1/2/3/4 will show up on her body.
When she gets 4 Coil stacks, she receives the Rushing Ice buff, providing an even stronger Normal Attack DMG buff! Few things to note about Rushing Ice.
- Rushing Ice removes the NA buff from the Coil stacks. So getting 4 stacks, and entering Rushing Ice, will grant only 29.2% NA bonus at level 1, NOT 46.7%
- Aloy’s NA will change from Phys DMG to Cryo DMG.
The nice thing about the A4 passive is that since Rushing Ice’s duration only start ticking the moment you trigger the 4th bomblet, you’re guaranteed to get the 35% Cryo DMG buff every time.
Just make sure to capitalize on the buff when it peaks, like using your burst when around the 9th-10th stack (31.5% – 35% Cryo DMG buff)
Talent Leveling Order: Q > E > Normal (centered around burst DPS)
WEAPON #1 (Recommended for best DPS): Thundering Pulse
How do I get it D: ? – It’s time to roll boys (gacha)
Thundering Pulse is basically just buff overkill. Having CRIT DMG alone is a plus, but it also gives Aloy a bunch of ATK + an insanely strong NA buff that’s easy to stack for her since she can achieve 3 stacks instantly. You basically throw out your E, and then NA until she has burst then immediate use it. That way you’ll have all 3 NA stacks (until her E goes on CD again)
Amos’ Bow is also a strong pick, as it provides a lot of ATK + centralizes her NA damage. Skyward Harp is okay, but overkill for the CRIT% if you’re running 4x Blizzard Strayer. It’s still a solid pick overall (especially if you don’t have Thundering or Amos), but highly recommend the other options!
So here’s the weird bit: Elegy for the End works incredibly well for burst DPS Aloy, as you can get the 4 sigil stacks from 1 E (the mines can proc a stack). You run it with 4x Emblem and basically get an insane amount of EM + ATK from the bow, making her reaction damage + Q explosion insanely strong. NOT A GOOD BOW FOR MAIN DPS THOUGH!
WEAPON #2 (Recommended for 4-star DPS): Rust
How do I get it D: ? – It’s time to roll boys (gacha)
Rust for main DPS is an incredibly strong pick, and at higher refinement it’s arguably the best in slot 4-star weapon. Having that raw NA DMG buff + ATK% buff is insanely strong. Paired with a freeze comp, and you’re looking at easy damage.
For burst DPS Aloy: Stringless is your go-to weapon, as it’s basically a giant steroid for your E and, more importantly, your Q!
FOR PS4 PLAYERS: Predator is also an extremely solid F2P option, especially if you don’t have Rust. Basically you get free ATK + an NA DMG buff whenever you deal Cryo DMG (sadly us PC players won’t get this bow).
Hamayumi is a solid 2nd pick, as it provides a lot of ATK and a strong NA DMG buff that effectively doubles when you have full energy. Only bad part is you really want to use Aloy’s Q whenever it’s up, since it does a lot of damage.
Prototype Crescent at high refinement is a strong F2P option, but costly if you don’t have many prototype bows. Blackcliff Warbow also gets a mention since it does provide decent CRIT DMG% that pairs well with 4x Blizzard.
ARTIFACT #1 (Recommended for main DPS): Blizzard Strayer
How do I get it D: ? – Peak of Vindagnyr Domain (AR 30 locked, 20 Resin per run)
The idea is to run a Freeze comp so Aloy can permanently benefit from the free 40% CRIT. You basically rotate through your team, apply Hydro to the enemies via Enablers or Swirl, and then go to town with your E’s Rushing Ice + Cryo DMG buff. Keep in mind that Aloy’s 4th stat is Cryo DMG%, so she gets a considerable amount of damage when Rushing Ice is active!
Otherwise, for a quickswap or sub-DPS build, run 2x Blizzard + 2x Glad (or Shime) for an all-rounder build.
ARTIFACT #2 (Recommended for burst DPS): Emblem of Severed Fate
How do I get it D: ? – Momiji-Dyed Court Domain (AR 30 locked, 20 Resin per run)
Aloy’s Q has incredibly high multipliers, low CD, and is only 40 cost. Run her with 4x Emblem and you’re looking at a very strong burst DPS option. Even though her E has a 20s CD, running her with a Cryo battery + 4x Emblem makes getting 40 energy extremely quick!
If you’re lazy, just run 2x Blizzard + 2x Noblesse. It won’t be nearly as strong in total DPS, but it’s more than enough to get the job done. Just make sure to try and get Aloy’s A4 passive stacked before you Q to get the free Cryo DMG% buff!
|ATK%||Cryo DMG%||CRIT% or CRIT DMG|
Substats: CRIT%/CRIT DMG > ATK (ATK% if not main stat) > ER% > EM
I’ll have a team comp guide for Aloy out later this weekend! Hope PS4 players are enjoying her early release!
If you want other characters let me know. Hope this helped. Bye.