Updated for 3.4 😁!
Table of Contents
- 1 PSA #1: A DPS is that one drunk friend at parties who just wants to ram his head into the nearest wall, and then do it again and again and again. Take care of your DPS so they don’t die of head trauma!
- 2 PSA #2: Both Itto’s abilities scale off ATK, but DEF provides a lot of additional buffs and benefits to Itto’s overall DPS. If you want Oni boy to hulk smash harder, make sure not to ignore those DEF% artifacts!
- 3 WEAPON #1 (Recommended for best DPS): Redhorn Stonethresher
- 4 WEAPON #2 (Recommended for best 4-Star): Serpent Spine
- 5 ARTIFACT #1 (Recommended for best DPS): Husk of Opulent Dreams
- 6 ARTIFACT #2 (Recommended for early DPS): Gladiator’s Finale
PSA #1: A DPS is that one drunk friend at parties who just wants to ram his head into the nearest wall, and then do it again and again and again. Take care of your DPS so they don’t die of head trauma!
PSA #2: Both Itto’s abilities scale off ATK, but DEF provides a lot of additional buffs and benefits to Itto’s overall DPS. If you want Oni boy to hulk smash harder, make sure not to ignore those DEF% artifacts!
A lot to read, but super easy to break down! — I will be calling Superlative Superstrength SS for my own sake lol
SS is what allows Itto to alternate his Normal/Charged Attack combos, and maxes out at 5 stacks (in case anyone is interested, the it stacks in this order: left eye, right eye, chin, between the eyes, then the horn!)
- On the 2nd/4th hit of his combo, Itto will gain 1/2SS stacks (respectively)
- This means in his full 4-hit combo, you will get 3 stacks total
- Kind of like Diluc, using E or Sprinting does NOT reset his combo — meaning if you dash after your 3rd hit, your next attack will be the 4th hit
IF YOU HAVE ANY SS STACKS — Doing a Charged Attack will consume a stack to do an Arataki Kesagiri combo attack instead. The final SS stack consumed will always execute the Final Slash
- Arataki Kesagiri combo attacks are those upward arc slashes Itto does
- Final Slash is that jump ground slam AoE attack
- Having an SS stack does not consume stamina to Charged Attack
IF YOU DON’T HAVE ANY SS STACKS — Doing a Charged Attack will do a single massive AoE swing that costs 20 stamina
Highly advised to use SS stacks to Charged Attack when you have 3 stacks to maximize DPS. Then after you have ATK SPD from your A1 passive, then you can go for a 5 SS stack combo!
Important Tip! – E DMG is based off Itto’s ATK, not his DEF btw!
Here’s a quick rundown on how the bull provides Superlative Superstrength stacks!
- When deployed and hits an enemy, provides 1 SS stack
- It taunts enemies, causing them to hit the bull and provides 1 SS stack every time it gets hit (one stack every 2s)
- When duration ends/it dies, provides 1 SS stack
The bull’s HP is based off Itto’s HP, and the duration is 6s, so if it meets all requirements it can provide Itto 5 SS stacks pretty easily.
You can Tap E to yeet it at close range and Hold E to yeet it further, but highly recommended to just Tap E at melee range!
Also the bull counts as a Geo construct, so things like Zhongli E and Geo Traveler’s Q will affect it!
Keep in mind that when you have Q on, you gain SS stacks on the 1st and 3rd hits NOT the 2nd and 4th like usual! This means you can max out the 5 SS stacks a lot faster!
Talent Leveling Order: Q > Normal > E (keep Q and Normal roughly the same level though – Crown Q if you only have one Crown)
WEAPON #1 (Recommended for best DPS): Redhorn Stonethresher
How do I get it D: ? – It’s time to roll boys (gacha)
Redhorn Stonethresher is BiS for 2 obvious reasons. First being that it’s Itto’s signature weapon, and perfectly fits his kit with boosts to DEF (benefiting his A4 and Q damage) and boosts Normal/Charged Attack damage based on DEF. Second being that it’s a CRIT DMG Claymore. Itto’s 4th stat is CRIT%, so you’re able to boast high CRIT DMG naturally due to it, so Redhorn perfectly compliments that.
I’ll make a strong statement here: The other 5-star weapons are pretty subpar. Wolf’s Gravestone and Unforged can do decently for Itto with it’s raw ATK buffs, but lack CRIT values and/or fail to provide any DEF scaling. Song of Broken Pines weapon ability is neat, but then becomes useless once Itto presses Q + fails to provide decent stats overall.
From what I’ve tested, a R5 Serpent Spine will typically out-DPS and outperform the listed 5-stars (except Redhorn) at R1.
WEAPON #2 (Recommended for best 4-Star): Serpent Spine
How do I get it D: ? – Battlepass (Tier 30)
Serpent Spine at R5 provides a 50% DMG buff pretty much at all times. Paired with Itto’s latent CRIT% + some loose CRIT% substats, you’re sitting at a comfortable 50%+ CRIT%, allowing you to allocate a lot more into CRIT DMG and DEF%/ATK%. I know the main concern is you take more DMG + paired with Itto’s Q, but it’s pretty negligible considering you’re most likely picking up Crystallize shields all the time.
If you are a F2P, Whiteblind is a solid DEF% scaling claymore that can put out some decent DPS as well. You’d need to prioritize CRIT% a tiny bit more, but nothing over the top. Other than that, Blackcliff is a suitable placeholder, but mainly just for the additional CRIT DMG stat — otherwise it’s pretty subpar.
ARTIFACT #1 (Recommended for best DPS): Husk of Opulent Dreams
How do I get it D: ? – Slumbering Court Domain (AR 30 Locked, 20 Resin per run)
Husk of Opulent Dreams is pretty self-explanatory. Boosts Itto’s DEF by A LOT. Overall at max stacks, 4x Husk gives a whopping +54% DEF to Itto alongside 24% Geo DMG bonus. Since Itto’s E is a fairly short CD, and his Q can constantly push out Geo DMG, you’ll be able to easily maintain the full 4 stacks for a majority of the time.
That’s pretty much it. It’s the BiS at the moment of v2.3 lol… No other set really comes close to boosting Itto’s DPS
ARTIFACT #2 (Recommended for early DPS): Gladiator’s Finale
How do I get it D: ? – Any World Boss (40 Resin per run)
Gladiator’s Finale is a great placeholder until you reach/want to farm for 4x Husk! It not only provides some ATK (which is still useful to Itto), but also boosts his NA DMG by 35% — this also applies to his Q form damage as well!
If you’re REALLY early in, 4x Martial Artist is an insanely good early placeholder until you can get 5-star Gladiator pieces, and later Husk etc… It works well since you can use Itto’s E to refresh the 4x bonus quickly, allowing you to have a 40% NA/CA DMG buff at most times!
|DEF%||Geo DMG%||CRIT% or CRIT DMG|
Substats: CRIT DMG > CRIT% > DEF% > ATK%
If you want other characters let me know. Hope this helped. Bye.