Arataki Itto (deathly allergic to beans…)
|Consistent Geo procs||Insane self-buffs||Has CRIT% as hidden stat|
|High damage multipliers||Extremely easy to gear/play||High single target DPS|
|Decent AoE with Superlative||Not reliant on constellations|
|Q is 80 cost||Prone to get one shot||Has to be really close to land E|
|Low energy regen||Suffers against Elemental shields|
PSA #1: Itto is surprisingly a simple yet effective DPS. His Superlative Superstrength combos allow him to stopgap the lack of AoE in his kit, and he doesn’t struggle with any DPS phases. Only thing he needs is just a strong shield and some energy to keep his damage up!
- E provides the strongest shield in the game + periodically generates Geo particles (plus Itto’s E pulses with his pillar)
- Extremely viable burst DPS with high AoE and insane damage
- Q is a solid CC that petrifies enemies so Itto can hit them without knocking them around
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH ALBEDO OR XIANGLING AS ALT/BURST DPS SLOT + TO HELP BREAK ELEMENTAL SHIELDS
- Her E provides 3 Geo particles + provides a Geo DMG buff when walked through
- Can block projectiles (but requires decent positioning)
- Q can be used as another burst DPS option, or a sub DPS when Itto’s Q is on CD
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH GEO TRAVELER OR RAIDEN FOR HELP PROVIDING ENERGY REGEN
- E provides DEF (so DMG to Itto basically), Geo DMG buff (more DMG), and additional interruption so Itto can attack without issue
- Q helps vacuum up any Crystallize shards, so Itto doesn’t have to waste time picking them up
- If you have C4 Gorou, acts as a decent healer when Q is up — can be used as a sub-par healer in Abyss as well
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH NOELLE OR BENNETT FOR INSANE ATK BUFF
PSA #2: Example above is a solid mono-Geo comp that hits really hard. Your main struggle will be Elemental shields (i.e. Abyss Mages), but that’s what the flex slot is for (replace Ningguang). Another extremely reliable comp is the Geo-Pyro comp of Itto + Zhongli + Xiangling + Bennett since both resonances provides DMG and ATK buffs.
Great flex slot alternatives:
- Albedo – E provides great additional Geo DMG + spammable for some easy Geo particles. More run for filling Geo Resonance > buffing Itto
- Geo Traveler – Can spam E to generate particles, but not really much else. Decent burst for CC, but better if run along with Zhongli
- Noelle – Good shield with a decent heal. Can be run as sub DPS when Itto’s Q is on CD, but also does take away from Itto’s DPS window
- Xiangling – Run as a flex slot. Great burst DPS that can deal with elemental shields better than Geo can. Run if trying to get Pyro Resonance
- Bennett – Strongest buffer in the game + amazing heals to keep Itto alive. Can spam E for energy regen + provide Pyro Resonance
- Raiden Shogun – Run as a flex slot. E provides amazing off-field DPS + can deal with elemental shields. Amazing burst DPS potential for nuking targets and generates a lot of energy
- Beidou – Q is great for protection + taking down elemental shields. When paired with Pyro in team, can run a solid Geo – Overloaded comp with good AoE clear
- Mona – Nontraditional pick, but only used for her Q to assist with Itto’s SS combo. DO NOT USE HER E IF POSSIBLE — you want enemies to hit Itto’s bull for SS stacks > Mona’s E taunt
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS BELOW! I’ll try my best to respond as I know some players may not have ANY of the characters mentioned.
Hope this helped. Bye.