Collei (your residential Sumeru PTSD patient)
|Consistent Dendro procs||Short Q CD||Great AoE on Q|
|Easy to gear||Reliable at C0||ATK% as 4th stat|
|Has energy problems||Reliant on team synergy to utilize damage||BiS set locked behind Sumeru|
|Optimal DPS locked behind C6||Internal CD on Q is once every 3 hits|
PSA #1: Collei is by no means bad, but she does have a few issues that have to be optimized through either artifacts or a solid team comp. Luckily, Dendro-reaction comps are easy to build and have one of the best DPS chains thus far. Below is an example of a staple Burgeon comp!
Who to take (alternatives explained below!):
- E has a wide AoE and can quickly/reliably apply Dendro if necessary
- Q is an excellent off-field Dendro Enabler that can also provide EM buffs to Collei
- Can run 4x Gilded Dreams to further enhance Collei and rest of team’s damage
- CAN REPLACE WITH VENTI OR SUCROSE FOR STRONGER EM BUFFING AND AOE GROUPING
- E provides an amazing AoE heal that also does Hydro DMG and applies Wet to enemies (essential for Bloom reaction)
- Q turns her into a DPS that can be both used for either damage during rotation downtime or to quickly heal your team
- Kokomi can also be run as the main DPS, as Collei will fulfill more of a sub-DPS role in this comp
- CAN REPLACE WITH BARBARA OR MONA FOR HYDRO TAUNT + NUKE OPTION
- E provides a decent shield and also quickly applies Pyro to enemies
- Q provides a shield as well, but also applies an AoE Pyro attack every Normal Attack (essential for proc’ing Burgeon on Dendro Cores)
- Excellent off-field Pyro Enabler that works great alongside with Kokomi + Dendro Cores for Burgeon chain damage
- CAN REPLACE WITH BENNETT OR XIANGLING FOR ANOTHER STRONG OFF-FIELD PYRO ENABLER
PSA #2: Burgeon is an extremely strong, consistent reaction chain that Collei can execute perfectly with this comp. The idea is that Collei and Dendro Traveler constantly apply new Dendro procs, allowing Kokomi’s E/Q form to apply Hydro causing Bloom. Bloom creates Dendro Cores, which Thoma can infuse with Pyro to create Burgeon.
Burgeon causes the Dendro Cores that keep getting created to explode, doing massive AoE Dendro DMG.
Great flex slot alternatives:
- Venti/Sucrose/Kazuha – If you think Collei is self-sufficient enough to proc Dendro reactions, then run any of these Anemo characters for their AoE grouping. Just group enemies into Collei before using her Q to ensure they’re all within the field.
- Barbara – While not the greatest Hydro applicator, Barbara’s E can still proc Wet to nearby foes. Worst case, you just have to NA with her a few times and get additional healing
- Mona – The E taunt alone makes Mona a strong candidate for Bloom, as enemies will get Wet from being around the taunt. Mona’s Q can also be used to chain from the Burgeon explosion, resulting in a massive AoE nuke
- Bennett – Bennett’s Q is a great ATK buffer, but also a great Pyro applicator to all foes within the field. This includes the Dendro Cores within the field as well
- Xiangling – She has always been a staple off-field Pyro Enabler with Guoba + her burst. Basically use Q and then swap back to Kokomi after the Dendro Cores have been infused
For Hyperbloom (replace Thoma slot):
- Shinobu – Basically the same concept as Thoma, except just apply Electro to the Dendro Cores using her Q or E
- Beidou – Beidou’s Q has made her a strong off-field Enabler that can also fulfill the main DPS role
- Fishcl – One of the best off-field Enablers in the game, with Oz having a consistently high on-field duration
- Yae Miko/Raiden – Extremely potent off-field Electro Enablers and both of them can slot as a burst DPS (both can also reliably proc Electro on the Dendro Cores)
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS BELOW! I’ll try my best to respond as I know some players may not have ANY of the characters mentioned.
Hope this helped. Bye.