Crystal Chunk Farming Guide
Crystal Chunks in Genshin Impact is an important material used to forge Mystic Enhancement Ore, gadgets and weapons at the Blacksmith, requiring up to 50 for each item you wish to craft. At some point in the game, you will find yourself short and though you can also obtain ores passively through Expeditions, you may need to dedicate some time to farming them. Here is our guide showing you the best places to farm and the optimal farming route.
|Description||An uncut crystal. Only professional craftsmanship can bring out its true value.|
|Source||Found in the wild|
Found in Stormterror’s Lair
Crystal Chunk nodes in Teyvat are usually found in caves, mountains and mines. Each node can drop between 1 to 3 Crystal Chunks and respawn every 72 hours.
- Mondstadt: Stormterror’s Lair
- Liyue: Qingyun Peak
Crystal Chunks can also spawn in a Rich Ore Reserve, which are spawned independently after daily reset. Certain NPCs in a major city will point out their locations on your map.
How to Quickly Mine Ores
There are three main ways to take down mining nodes more efficiently rather than hitting them aimlessly:
- Ideally, you will be using a character in your exploration team that can use the Claymore weapon type to deal more damage to the nodes per hit.
- If that is not an option, use a Geo ability (preferably on a short cooldown).
- You can also climb up a short distance and use a Plunging Attack aimed at the node.
Our farming route optimized thanks to Seraph, can take up to 30 minutes, generally netting 130 to 160 Crystal Chunks along the way.
- Start at Qingyun Peak (10 node locations).
- 1 node location then teleport back to same waypoint and climb mountain for node location 2.
- Fly across to opposite mountain (electro crystal at base). Climb mountain for node location 3.
- Fly across the gap to the West for 5 more nodes.
- Jump off the cliff next to you and glide following the mountains to the right. 2 Nodes across from the far bridge (additional node located in the gap we originally flew over, but backtracking isn’t worth the time for the sake of efficiency).
- Teleport to Mt. Aozang:
- Drop down into the “Crystal Cave” (north-west). Multiple nodes here.
- Teleport to Cuijue Slope:
- 3 node locations
- teleport back to waypoint and fly to the north-east (left of the red tree) for a few more nodes if it’s a lucky Magic Node day.
- Teleport to the Dunyu Ruins – Statue of The Seven:
- Drop into the structure on the north-west side of the cliff for multiple nodes.
- Climb the ladder back up and fly directly across (to the right of the circular structure) for a few more nodes.
- Fly down to the south-west for multiple nodes.
- Fly down and drop into the cave to the south-west.
- There are nodes on both sides of the river.
- Fly down to the cave to the west for multiple nodes.
- Teleport to Mt. Tianheng:
- Multiple nodes on both sides of the valley to the north-west.
- Fly down and drop into the opening to the West.
- Teleport to Guyun Stone Forest (1 node location):
- Teleport to the Domain of Guyun:
- First location to the West. Nodes on both sides of the rock.
- Continue to the adjacent island for more nodes.
- Swim across to the small island and grab a bunch more nodes.
- Walk slightly north-east. (Hug the left side and hop up the hill to avoid enemies) for a couple nodes.
- Teleport: (Climb the cliff for 2 more node locations).
- Teleport to Stormterror’s Lair – Statue of The Seven (not going to walkthrough this entire area) but there’s 10 locations.
- Teleport (5 node locations):
- Walk to the East for 1 node location (if it’s a lucky Magic-node day, there’ll be 2 locations).
- Teleport (2 node locations):
- Teleport to the Valley of Remembrance Domain:
- Climb the cliff to the left of the Domain and drop into the opening for a bunch of nodes.
- Teleport to Stormbearer Mountains:
- Walk to the west for 1 node location.
- Teleport to Stormbearer Point:
- Walk North and fly off the cliff to the north for 1 node location.
In our next guide, we will go into more detail on the aforementioned Rich Ore Reserves.