Cyno (Akademiya’s watchdog)
|Low E CD||Extremely spammable during Q||Self-buff capable|
|Has CRIT DMG as hidden stat||Easy/fun to play||Consistent Electro Procs|
|Immune to Electro-Charged DMG (stun proof)||Not reliant on constellations|
|Difficult to optimize||BiS is locked behind Sumeru||RNG Endseer Intervals|
|Can have inconsistent DPS during Q downtime||Low energy generation|
PSA #1: We’ve been seeing this a lot with some newer characters, where they either have extremely low DPS during certain phases or too hard to optimize their builds. While Cyno isn’t immune to these deficiencies, they can be mended by a good team comp. Below is an example of an exceptional Electro-Charged comp!
Who to take (alternatives explained below!):
- His E is a great AoE CC for grouping up enemies for Cyno’s Wolf Form E
- Q can deal constant Electro/Hydro application when infused (typically want to infuse Electro)
- Kazuha is a great energy battery + can run 4x VV to shred Electro RES on enemies
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH VENTI OR SUCROSE FOR MORE EM BUFFING FOR CYNO SYNERGY
- E has damage mitigation/interruption resistance that also provides plenty of energy and heals
- Q is an amazing off-field Hydro enabling ability that can also deal massive damage
- Xingqiu is essential for Electro-Charged procs, and can subsequently be run as sub-DPS
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH MONA/YELAN OR CANDACE FOR HER Q BUFF (OR C6 BUFF)
- Q is an amazing source of passive energy generation, alleviating Cyno’s 80 cost Q
- Tether also heals Cyno, as well as marking enemies in-between with Electro
- Cyno is immune to Electro-Charged, so having Electro applied from Dori’s Q is no issue
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH KUKI OR BEIDOU FOR ELECTRO RES DEBUFF
PSA #2: The comp above immediately resolves Cyno’s energy problems while providing him with much need buffs to increase his DPS output. Damage downtime isn’t always a huge issue, as long as you can maximize your DPS output during your active window – which Kazuha and Xingqiu allow Cyno to achieve!
Great flex slot alternatives:
- Venti/Sucrose – Both have exceptional AoE grouping CC and run 4x VV to shred Electro RES. Sucrose is a bit more favorable since she can provide a bunch of EM to Cyno
- Mona – Her taunt is an amazing Hydro applicator, and allows Cyno to increase his burst window DPS with her Q enhancement
- Yelan – A more expensive BUT much easier to gear than Xingqiu. She fulfills the same role as Xingqiu, which is to spread Hydro everywhere
- Candace – Candace’s Q buffs Elemental DMG for NA’s by 20%, which Cyno receives when in Wolf Form. If you have C6 Candace, she becomes incredibly valuable as she will turn into a pseudo Xingqiu
- Kuki Shinobu – Strong Electro healer that can also spread Electro procs + provide Electro resonance for better Electro-Charged reactions
- Beidou (C6) – Is an amazing sub-DPS as well as great Q for tankiness. Her C6 Q also shreds enemy Electro RES by 15%
For Dendro Hasten/Aggravate-reaction Team Comps:
- Collei – Her E is a great Dendro applicator, and her Q is great for spreading Dendro cores (make sure to react with Hydro), which do amazing damage when triggered by Cyno’s Electro
- Dendro Traveler – Same job as Collei, except Dendro Traveler can equip Sapwood Blade that spawns a 120 EM buff every 8s basically for Cyno
General flex slot picks:
- Zhongli – Strongest shielder in the game that allows characters like Cyno to basically smash their head into a wall without problems. Q is a great CC that can pair with Overloaded comps to prevent the annoying knockback
- Bennett – Strongest healer and ATK buffer in the game. Best part is C6 Bennett can’t overwrite Cyno’s Q enhancement, so no problems there!
- Diona (C6) – Another great shielder/healer, but mainly run for her C6 application of 200 EM (when over 50% HP). Do not run if you don’t have her at C6.
- Thoma – Run if you want an Overloaded version of the above comp.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS BELOW! I’ll try my best to respond as I know some players may not have ANY of the characters mentioned.
Hope this helped. Bye.