Diluc Quick TL;DR Team Comp Guide
Diluc (the pyromaniac batman of Mondstadt)
|Consistent pyro proc||Low E CD||Extremely low Q CD|
|Low energy cost||Easy to play/gear||Ridiculous damage scaling|
|Passive buff up almost 100% of the time||Doesn’t rely on constellations|
|Can lose significant damage if interrupted||Damage maximized with anemo||Q sometimes doesn’t do full damage|
|Can’t benefit from superconduct after Q|
PSA #1: Diluc is an extremely consistent and practically overpowered DPS. His main flaw is that his E can get interrupted (especially if you’re parsing), and your Q’s full damage isn’t applied if enemies are too close/can’t get pushed back by the bird. That’s why his team will focus on utilizing burst and CC
Who to take (alternatives explained below!):
- Massive AoE to gather enemies so Diluc’s Q can hit everyone
- Literally poops out energy orbs so Diluc’s Q will always be charged
- Overall great at chunking any elemental shield’s with E
- CAN REPLACE WITH SUCROSE OR XIANGLING IF YOU WANT TO RUN DOUBLE PYRO
- Professional taser that spits out electro procs consistently
- Overloaded is poggers
- Easy to play as you just press E, swap, then swap back to Q to refresh Oz
- CAN REPLACE WITH BEIDOU OR BENNY IF YOU AREN’T TAKING XIANG FOR BUFF
- Can heal boo boo when you’re too busy spamming E
- Provides consistent hydro proc so you can do more damage with vaporize
- Can run Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers if you want Diluc to slap harder
- CAN REPLACE WITH XINGQIU OR MONA IF YOU WANT ADDITIONAL AOE CC
PSA #2: This is the team I’ve personally run up until Abyss 11. It’s extremely easy to play doesn’t require too much gearing. If you find yourself getting frozen due to Barbara’s E a lot, swap in Xingqiu for the interruption resistance + tankiness or Mona for her E + Q (this will literally pop level 80 enemies if you pop Mona’s Q with Diluc’s Q)
Great flex slot alternatives:
- Bennett – Provides pyro resonance and the burst heal is extremely nice since Diluc is vulnerable in E combo. ATK buff is also very appreciated
- Xingqiu – Vaporize from Xingqiu’s E and Q is busted with Diluc’s E > N1 > E > repeat combo, as each E (or N1 if Q is used) proc’s vaporize
- Ganyu – Burst DPS Ganyu is practically like Xingqiu but mass proc’s melt instead. Amazing to pair with Diluc Q
- Mona – Taunt into Diluc Q is a great way to maximize Q output + Mona Q is essential for nuke windows
- Sucrose – Diluc explodes with EM comps, which Sucrose can be an EM mule for + provide TTDS buff
- Chongyun – Honorary mention, as Chong E doesn’t interfere too much with Diluc as long as he E > N1 > E combos. Can override Chong E enchant if you Diluc Q afterwards
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS BELOW! I’ll try my best to respond as I know some players may not have ANY of the characters mentioned
Hope this helped. Bye.
Would a team consisting of Diluc,Rosaria,Anemo traveler and Barbara work well? These are all the decent units i got
Yes. It’s always important to work with what you have until you can roll for more units. Just make sure that you’re using your Traveler’s E to swirl and spread cyro or hydro for Diluc to follow up with faster!
Funny how I accidentally used exactly the same comp (Diluc Ven Barb Fish) as author. However, I came here because I feel that my comp lacks synergy, and the pace feels a little too slow with these chars. Maybe I just suck.
I actually much more prefer Diluc – Kazu – Fishl – Bennett OR replace Fishcl with Xingqiu. It’s pretty much a solid comp with consistent Overloaded or Vaporize procs!
If you don’t have Kazuha, feel free to still run Venti!
I’m currently planning a melt team for Diluc to get that 2x damage. I don’t really like Chongyun as his playstyle is not really my cup of tea. So that’s left me either Rosaria or Kaeya. Which one would you recommend out of those two? Thanks!
Kaeya is technically easier to proc melt with since his E is lower CD + his Q follows you — whereas Rosaria’s Q is stationary!
I tried them both yesterday and you’re right Kaeya is just more fitting for Diluc compared to Rosaria. Thank you for your tips!
I have Diluc – Xingqiu – Xiangling – Fischl.
Is it worth to replace Fischl with Riden Shogun?
Yep! Raiden’s electro proc’s are easier to control as well (and have AoE), so it’s a viable swap!
Out of all characters recommended I have Mona, Barbara, Xiangling and Beidou (Kaeya and anemo traveler too if they count) can a team with Diluc, Mona, Beidou, and Xiangling work?
Yeah. Just make sure you’re aware you will take a lot of damage if you stand on grass burning (or get hit), so just keep in mind you don’t have a healer.
Worst case, I would replace Beidou with Barbara (if she’s your only healer), as it means you can proc Wet easier too.