How to Use Xingqiu’s Elemental Burst Effectively
Xingqiu’s Elemental Burst Guhua Sword: Raincutter is very useful for your team because you can utilize the rain sword to help you spam normal attacks while also triggering a Elemental Reaction.
Knowing who the trigger character can be very powerful because in Genshin Impact, the damage from triggering the reaction will entirely rely on the trigger character’s attribute.
So, have you ever wondered, if you used Xingqiu’s burst and switch to another character, then who will be the trigger of the reaction?
If you’re still wondering the answer:
The short answer:
Xingqiu will be the trigger if we can time the Hydro aura last
The long answer:
- For Vaporize comp, Xingqiu will be the enabler (the one that always give Hydro aura so Pyro DPS can be the trigger)
- For Electro-charged comp, Xingqiu will sometimes be the trigger, the Electro character sometimes will be the trigger (inconsistent)
The explanation below will help you understand “who will be the trigger” better.
1. Reaction Damage Check
First, let’s do the “control” test first. I will check both Xingqiu and Fischl’s damage when they trigger the Electro-charged reaction.
Then, later on I will use Xingqiu’s burst > Fischl charged attack to apply Electro aura > and then just do a normal attack using Fischl (rain sword will be the Hydro trigger).
In this picture below, you can see that Xingqiu will do 2711 Electro-charged damage, and Fischl will do 826 Electro-charged damage.
The moment Fischl does the normal attack and triggers the Electro-charged, you can see that the damage is 2711, meaning Xingqiu will be the trigger here.
2. What about Vaporize comp?
Vaporize comp with Xingqiu is very useful since we can potentially “spam” Vaporize reactions. But the thing is, we need to understand about the “Elemental Gauge” theory.
To simplify elemental gauge, basically:
- If hydro is the trigger for Vaporize reaction: Then after vaporize reaction, there will be no more elemental aura
- If pyro is the trigger for [reverse] Vaporize reaction: Then the hydro aura will lingers for a few seconds after that vaporize proc
- If pyro is the trigger for Melt reaction: Then after melt reaction, there will be no more elemental aura
- If cryo is the trigger for [reverse] Vaporize reaction: Then the pyro aura will lingers for a few seconds after that melt proc
If we spam auto-attack using a pyro DPS character, then Xingqiu will act as the enabler.
Like what you see in this gif below, Xingqiu’s rain sword will make sure that the enemies will always have the hydro aura.
So, for vaporize comp, Xingqiu will “rarely” be the trigger.
3. What about Electro-charged comp?
As for Electro-charged comp… Well…
In summary, your Xingqiu will sometimes be the trigger, but sometimes he won’t.
Hopefully, now you understand about the elemental reaction behind Xingqiu’s burst mechanic. If you want to know how to build Xingqiu, you can click on this. I really recommend you to invest a lot of ATK instead of EM for him!