Kirara is a Dendro support character with high mobility who can provide shields for her teammates. Using her Elemental Skill, she casts a shield that absorbs DMG for her party, and upon holding her Elemental Skill, she enters the “Urgent Neko Parcel” state to move and fight at a faster pace.
When she uses her Elemental Burst, Kirara will throw down a Special Delivery Package that deals AoE Dendro DMG and generates many Cat Grass Cardamoms that will deal Dendro DMG to opponents who come into contact with them.
This guide is based on the Community Character Builds by the Genshin Helper Team.
Table of Contents
- 1 Skills Overview
- 2 Talent Priorities
- 3 Recommended Weapons
- 4 Recommended Artifacts
- 5 Team Compositions
- 6 Constellations
Normal Attack: Boxcutter
Normal Attack: Performs up to 4 rapid strikes.
Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 3 rapid claw strikes.
Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Elemental Skill: Meow-teor Kick
Leaps into the air with all the agility of a cat passing through the bushes, and thwacks her foes with a flying kick that deals AoE Dendro DMG while creating a Shield of Safe Transport. This will also briefly apply Dendro to Kirara.
The shield will absorb Dendro DMG with 250% effectiveness. The shield’s DMG absorption will be based on Kirara’s Max HP and will not exceed a certain percentage of that Max HP. The remaining DMG absorption on a Shield of Safe Transport will stack on a new one when it is created, and its duration will reset.
- Shield Duration 12s
- Cooldown 8s (Tap) – 12s (Hold)
Out of her desire to “deliver within half a day,” Kirara deploys a Shield of Safe Transport identical to the one that can be created by pressing the skill. She will also curl up into a special express delivery box, entering the Urgent Neko Parcel state in order to move and fight more swiftly.
Urgent Neko Parcel:
- Deals Dendro DMG to opponents she crashes into. This effect can be triggered once on each opponent every 0.5s.
- When in this state, Kirara’s movement speed, climbing speed, and jumping power are all increased, and her Stamina Consumption from climbing is increased.
- When the duration ends or the skill is used again, a Flipclaw Strike more powerful than the attack in the Mode will be unleashed, dealing AoE Dendro DMG.
- The Urgent Neko Parcel state lasts a maximum of 10s. When the state ends, the skill will enter CD. The longer Kirara spends in this state, the longer the CD will be.
- Sprinting or actively canceling climbing will end this state early.
Elemental Burst: Secret Art: Surprise Dispatch
Smash opponents with a Special Delivery Package used for punishing parcel thieves, dealing AoE Dendro DMG. After the Special Delivery Package explodes, it will split up into many Cat Grass Cardamoms that will explode either upon contact with opponents or after a period of time, dealing AoE Dendro DMG.
The bombs summoned can be grouped and pushed both by the player and enemies, they don’t have a very large AoE and act very similarly to Klee’s bombs from her Ultimate.
- Cooldown 15s
- Energy Burst 60
Ascension 1: Bewitching, Betwitching Tails
When Kirara is in the Urgent Neko Parcel state of Meow-teor Kick, each impact against an opponent will grant her a stack of Reinforced Packaging. This effect can be triggered once for each opponent hit every 0.5s. Max 3 stacks.
When the Urgent Neko Parcel state ends, each stack of Reinforced Packaging will create 1 Shield of Safe Transport for Kirara. The shields that are created this way will have 20% of the DMG absorption that the Shield of Safe Transport produced by Meow-teor Kick would have. If Kirara is already protected by a Shield of Safe Transport created by Meow-teor Kick, its DMG absorption will stack with these shields and its duration will reset.
In short, by the end of your Hold, if you have hit enemies 3 times you will get a maximum stack shield. 60% from this Talent plus the normal shield you are getting from your Hold Skill, are equals to her maximum shield absorption and it’s the most reliable way to create it.
Ascension 4: Pupillary Variance
Every 1,000 Max HP Kirara possesses will increase the DMG dealt by Meow-teor Kick by 0.4%, and the DMG dealt by Secret Art: Surprise Dispatch by 0.3%.
Confused? Here’s an example:
At 30,000 HP = Skill DMG increased by 12% and Burst by 9%.
At 55,000 HP = Skill DMG increased by 22% and Burst by 16.5%.
Passive Talent: Cat’s Creeping Carriage
When Kirara is in the party, animals who produce Fowl, Raw Meat, or Chilled Meat will not be startled when party members approach them.
Skill > Burst > Normal Attack
Skill levels will affect the strength of her shield, and the top prioritized in support builds. The Burst comes second generally. If you don’t plan to use her on-field at all, you can leave her NA at level 1 to save resources.
- Favonius Sword (4✩)
~= Key of Khaj Nisut (5✩)
- Sacrificial Sword (4✩)
- Sapwood Blade (4✩)
~= Festering Desire R5
~= Freedom Sworn (5✩)
- Primordial Jade Cutter (5✩)
1) Favonius Sword (ATK 454 • ER 61.3%)
CRIT hits have a 60% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12s.
2) Sacrificial Sword (ATK 454 • ER 61.3%)
After dealing damage to an opponent with an Elemental Skill, the skill has a 40% chance to end its own CD. Can only occur once every 30s.
3) Sapwood Blade (ATK 565 • ER 30.6%)
After triggering Burning, Quicken, Aggravate, Spread, Bloom, Hyperbloom, or Burgeon, a Leaf of Consciousness will be created around the character for a maximum of 10s. When picked up, the Leaf will grant the character 60 Elemental Mastery for 12s. Only 1 Leaf can be generated this way every 20s. This effect can still be triggered if the character is not on the field. The Leaf of Consciousness’ effect cannot stack.
4) Primordial Jade Cutter (ATK 542 • Crit Rate 44.1%)
HP increased by 20%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 1.2% of the wielder’s Max HP.
- 2pc Tenacity of the Millelith (2) + 2pc Vourukasha’s Glow (2)
- Instructors (4)
- Tenacity of the Millelith (4)
- Deepwood Memories (4)
- Noblesse Oblige (4)
1) Tenacity of the Millelith (2) + Vourukasha’s Glow (2)
2-Piece: HP +20%.
Choosing the set bonus depending on the wanted stat is a great way to add on overall stats. Pairing the 2 +20%HP sets is the best way to get her Shield up as much as possible.
2-Piece: Increases Elemental Mastery by 80.
4-Piece: Upon triggering an Elemental Reaction, increases all party members’ Elemental Mastery by 120 for 8s.
This set is more suitable for teams that care about Elemental Mastery a lot (Bloom/Hyperbloom) and if there’s another unit that has the Deepwood Memories set. +120 EM to the entire team, especially when focused on reactions, is a big damage boost.
If 4 Instructor is used, you can opt for a 5-star Sands/Goblet/Circlet with HP main stat to get as much shield strength as possible.
3) Tenacity of the Millelith
2-Piece: HP +20%.
4-Piece: When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20% and their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.
This is Kirara’s best artifact set if you use her on-field.
4) Deepwood Memories
2-Piece: Dendro DMG Bonus +15%.
4-Piece: After Elemental Skills or Bursts hit opponents, the targets’ Dendro RES will be decreased by 30% for 8s. This effect can be triggered even if the equipping character is not on the field.
This set is highly recommended on Bloom-based teams and teams where there is a high volume of Dendro Damage provided no other unit holds this set.
Keep in mind that the effect lasts 8s but it can be activated by both Skill and Burst (including Kirara’s Burst little bombs).
5) Noblesse Oblige
2-Piece: Elemental Burst DMG +20%.
4-Piece: Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12s. This effect cannot stack.
Artifact Main Stats
Circlet: HP% / Crit Rate%*
If you’re building Kirara for her shield, focus on HP% sets and stats and ignore ER requirements for the Burst as it will not account for much damage.
Circlet: Crit Rate is only for Favonius Sword.
Artifact Sub Stats
1. Energy Recharge%
3. Crit Rate*
4. Flat HP
Crit Rate: only for Favonius Sword.
The DMG multiplier of Kirara’s Elemental Burst is not low, but it’s a pity that the Burst scales with ATK, while her Elemental Skill scales with Max HP, making it difficult to build Kirara in both directions. Personally, Kirara is best suited as a shielder in the team with her Elemental Skill because there are already many excellent DPS Characters in the game.
The biggest problem of the team is that Nahida is too easy to die because of her flimsy HP and DEF that Kuki’s healing might not be able to heal in time. With Kirara, the team’s overall fault tolerance can be effectively improved, avoiding Nahida suddenly falling during output.
Kirara is great for any Nilou-related Bloom team with her ability to cast a Dendro shield every so often and soak up all that Bloom self-damage. With Kirara, it’s easy to go for less tanky options on your team, for example, a Kirara/Nahida/Nilou/Kokomi team will have generally no problems in running Kokomi on full EM to maximize the Bloom damage.
Best Constellation: C4
• Every 8,000 Max HP Kirara possesses will cause her to create 1 extra Cat Grass Cardamom when she uses Secret Art: Surprise Dispatch. A maximum of 4 extra can be created this way.
• C1 is not an important constellation. But it does help generate more energy particles and apply additional Dendro to opponents.
• When Kirara is in the Urgent Neko Parcel state of Meow-teor Kick, she will grant other party members she crashes into Critical Transport Shields.
• The DMG absorption of Critical Transport Shield is 40% of the maximum absorption Meow-teor Kick’s normal Shields of Safe Transport are capable of, and will absorb Dendro DMG with 250% effectiveness.
• Critical Transport Shields last 12s and can be triggered once on each character every 10s.
• Increases the Level of Meow-teor Kick (Elemental Skill) by 3.
• After active character(s) protected by Shields of Safe Transport or Critical Transport Shields hit opponents with Normal, Charged, or Plunging Attacks, Kirara will perform a coordinated attack with them using Small Cat Grass Cardamoms, dealing 200% of her ATK as Dendro DMG. DMG dealt this way is considered Elemental Burst DMG. This effect can be triggered once every 3.8s. This CD is shared between all party members.
• C4 is a great addition to Kirara’s gameplay. When a character is protected by Kirara’s shield and they attack an opponent, Kirara will help them with her own attack! It boosts her ability as a Dendro enabler, meaning her Dendro application allows many other reactions to occur.
Increases the Level of Secret Art: Surprise Dispatch (Elemental Burst) by 3.
• All nearby party members will gain 12% All Elemental DMG Bonus within 15s after Kirara uses her Elemental Skill or Burst.