Updated for 2.5 😁!
Table of Contents
- 1 PSA #1: Supports are those friends that always share their food with you so your DPS doesn’t go hungry. Keep your Support happy and you’ll be happy 😁
- 2 PSA #2: Both Sara’s abilities scale off ATK, and we can rejoice as we finally have another character that can provide massive buffs!
- 3 PSA #3: This is the core concept of her kit, so I’ll break it down in detail!
- 4 WEAPON #1 (Recommended for best buffs): Skyward Harp
- 5 WEAPON #2 (Recommended for best 4-star): Alley Hunter
- 6 ARTIFACT #1 (Recommended for best Supporting): Noblesse Oblige
- 7 ARTIFACT #2 (Recommended for early Supporting): The Exile
PSA #2: Both Sara’s abilities scale off ATK, and we can rejoice as we finally have another character that can provide massive buffs!
PSA #3: This is the core concept of her kit, so I’ll break it down in detail!
The E teleport can be extremely buggy and will sometimes teleport you a really short distance away, or not at all. This is especially evident on even the smallest slopes or slight height elevations, so don’t always depend on it to dodge enemy attacks!
You can tell when your charged shot has Ambush after E, as your charged shot will show a 3-leafed flower (shown below)
When the Crowfeather mark explodes, it will give the character in the AoE range an ATK buff that is based off Kujou Sara’s base ATK! The buff lasts 6 seconds!
Base ATK can only increase from leveling the character, and giving them a weapon with high base ATK. ATK% buffs or ATK% stats DO NOT affect this at all! It’s a pretty strong ATK buff, but here are some detailed examples:
Let’s compare a level 90/90 Bennett (191 base ATK) vs. level 90/90 Sara (195 base ATK), with both of them having their highest base ATK weapons!
- Bennett’s base ATK + a maxed Mistsplitter Reforged (674 base ATK) + maxed Q buff (so 126% of his base ATK) = His buff would give his teammates 1,089.9 additional ATK ([191 + 674] x 1.26)
- Sara’s base ATK + a maxed Skyward Harp (674 base ATK) + maxed E Q (so 91.2% of her base ATK) = Her buff would give her teammates 792.5 additional ATK ([195 + 674] x .912)
So clearly Bennett’s buff is stronger, provides a massive heal, and lasts longer. But it’s locked behind a 60 cost burst + is on 15s CD. Sara’s buff is just locked behind a 10s E (if you have her C1, it’s even shorter!)
Also, these 2 buffs stack btw. so you can basically give someone on your team almost 2x their ATK 😂
Just to clarify: it’s 1.2 energy PER 100% ER, not something crazy like 1.2 energy for every ER above 100%!
- So at base 100% ER, it gives 1.2 energy
- At 200% ER, it gives 2.4 energy
3 things regarding her Q:
- It provides the ATK buff that’s scaled off her E. So whatever your E’s level is, it will provide that same ATK buff
- Character must be within her Q explosion range (it’s massive so just be around melee range)
- It doesn’t stack the buff. So if you E then Q, it won’t stack the buff but rather refresh the duration
Sara’s Q is what allows her to also be a viable burst DPS option. Only thing that sucks is it’s an 80 cost burst…
Talent Leveling Order: E > Q > Normal (you will never NA so don’t bother)
WEAPON #1 (Recommended for best buffs): Skyward Harp
How do I get it D: ? – It’s time to roll boys (gacha)
In terms of raw buffing potential, Skyward Harp wins just because it has the highest base ATK among bows. In the example I provided above (regarding to Sara’s E), it’s the only way to get the most out of her ATK buff. Other than that, the CRIT% + CRIT DMG it provides is also really good for her burst DPS!
Other than that, the only other 5-star bow worth mentioning is Elegy of the End for the ER%… you really can’t benefit from it’s ATK + EM buff it provides since she can’t really proc the effect efficiently (or rather at all)
Amos’ Bow and Thundering Pulse are wasted on Sara since you’ll never Normal Attack with her. Use them for her if you don’t have 1) a character that can use those bows, or 2) if it’s the best bow you have for her (for the high base ATK) — otherwise don’t bother
WEAPON #2 (Recommended for best 4-star): Alley Hunter
How do I get it D: ? – It’s time to roll boys (gacha)
Alley Hunter is good because it provides high base ATK + works well with Sara’s quickswap gameplay. Since she’ll only be out on the field for brief seconds to E/Q buff, the stacking DMG buff will always be max for Sara when you do swap to her. You basically let Alley Hunter stack, and then swap to Sara to Q to buff your team + do a lot of damage with her Q.
Sacrificial Bow is decent, but not the most ideal. If you’re thinking “I can E, get the reset from SacBow, then E again to keep the ATK buff up” — you’re kinda wrong and right. Think about it this way: you’re saving yourself a 4s downtime when you could be just rotating through your team and doing more DPS. The only saving grace for Sacrificial Bow is it provides high base ATK (good for buff), and it gives decent ER% for her 80 cost burst
Blackcliff Warbow is good for the same high base ATK + CRIT DMG stat, and Prototype is viable as long as you refine it + remember to headshot an enemy before you Q
ARTIFACT #1 (Recommended for best Supporting): Noblesse Oblige
How do I get it D: ? – Clear Pool and Mountain Cavern Domain (AR 35 locked, 20 Resin per run)
Noblesse Oblige is just a great overall staple since 1) makes her Q do more damage, and 2) gives her team ATK overkill.
However, if another person on your team has 4x Noblesse, then run 4x Emblem of Severed Fate since it gives you some more ER% for that 80 cost Q + makes the Q slap harder
Otherwise a good placeholder is 2x Noblesse + 2x Thundering Fury until you can farm for either of those sets!
ARTIFACT #2 (Recommended for early Supporting): The Exile
How do I get it D: ? – Any World Boss (40 Resin per run) or steal some chests
Or you can just run two +18% sets. There aren’t that many early artifact sets that really fit the mold for Sara. The idea is you just want to have her E or Q buff up as much as possible!
|ATK% (ER% for Emblem set)||Electro DMG%||CRIT% or CRIT DMG|
Substats: CRIT% > CRIT DMG > ATK (ATK% if not main stat) > ER% > EM
If you want other characters let me know. Hope this helped. Bye.