Ningguang Quick TL;DR Team Comp Guide
Ningguang (sugar = tiny crystals, so Ning = sugar mama)
|Consistent geo proc||Low E CD||Extremely low Q CD|
|Extremely low energy cost||Really easy to gear/play||Crystallize = free shields|
|Free charged attacks||Practically 100% uptime on geo DMG boost with E||Can cause shatter|
|Geo DMG% as hidden stat||Pretty big AoE with E||She’s hot|
|Geo as an element kinda sucks right now (less in 1.3!)||Use animation cancel if you want to maximize damage||Sort of reliant of constellations (refer to PSA #1)|
|Star jades can miss sometimes||Crystallize shield = doesn’t make you invincible (they break easily so watch out)|
PSA #1: She’s probably one of the most straightforward DPS in the game. At C1, she becomes even stronger, and C4 increases her overall damage output (she’s still viable at C0, don’t worry). Her team comp is all about maximizing damage, and the most popular comp tends to be fairly F2P friendly as well
Who to take (alternatives explained below!):
- Provides a free 15% ATK DMG boost with geo resonance
- Noelle E keeps team healthy and protected
- Can use Noelle Q to knockback enemies really quickly to give DPS some space
- CAN REPLACE WITH Zhongli/Geo Traveler/Albedo OR VENTI FOR MORE AGGRESSIVE TEAM COMP (REFER TO PSA #2)
- Provides a free 25% ATK boost with pyro resonance and serves great as sub DPS
- Xiang E provides a fairly consistent pyro proc
- Xiang Q’s range is actually perfect for Ningguang’s normal/charged attack range
- CAN REPLACE WITH AMBER/KLEE FOR SUB DPS OR MONA FOR MORE AGGRESSIVE TEAM COMP (REFER TO PSA #2)
- Provides a free 25% ATK boost with pyro resonance
- Bennett’s Q basically makes him into a breathing steroid
- Can provide some insanely strong burst healing (great in abyss)
- CAN REPLACE WITH ANY PYRO IF YOU DON’T HAVE BENNY (but he’s pretty crucial) OR XINGQIU
PSA #2: The above comp is the “F2P friendly” variation. There is another popular comp that includes Venti – Mona – Qiqi/Chong/Benny which focuses more leading with AoE CC into a massive shatter burst combo with Venti Q – Mona Q + Qiqi, and then finishing off with Ning. It hits really friggin hard
Great flex slot alternatives:
- Zhongli – Strongest shield in the game + a relatively decent geo particle when fighting near his E. Run as burst DPS to maximize CC
- Albedo – Build for his E to further enhance total DPS when Ningguang spams normal attacks
- Venti/Sucrose – Both are great at grouping enemies, allowing Ningguang to maximize her C1 passive (also great energy batteries)
- Xingqiu – Has no real synergy, but overall improves total DPS output with his Q (pairs well with Ningguang as she’s normal attack heavy)
- If taking Hydro user, try to pair with Cryo as well – Geo DPS like Ningguang can proc shatter, which is Phys DMG but still a niche add-on of damage + Frozen CC
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS BELOW! I’ll try my best to respond as I know some players may not have ANY of the characters mentioned
Hope this helped. Bye.
Hi! Is it better to have pyro res (Ning, Zhongli, Bennett, Xinyan) or to throw in Venti to replace Xinyan?
Also I should probably use Xiangling but I have to level her up
Lmao who told you ning means sugar?
I’m pretty sure they meant that ning uses tiny crystals to fight which is what sugar is, and thhe was referring to nigguang as mama. (honestly same) If you don’t know a sugar mama or daddy is just what people call their rich, and most of the time older, significant others.
this is from reddit,
other people’s comments might help for those who see this
Is it weird having ning & yanfei on the same team?
No, if you want someone as a sub-DPS, and enjoy catalyst gameplay, then it’s perfectly normal.
Both emphasize NA combos for main DPS, but Yanfei can definitely dish out quick and easy burst DPS in her rotation as well (as well as Ning :P)
hu tao xingqiu ningguang and geo traveller? is it okay?
Not the best, but still works.