Sayu Quick TL;DR Support Build Guide!
Updated for 2.6 😁!
Table of Contents
- 1 PSA #1: Supports are those battle medics that believe the best way to keep your teammates alive is to kill the enemy 😎
- 2 PSA #2: Both Sayu’s abilities scale off ATK, but honestly you’ll have a better time balancing ATK with EM!
- 3 PSA #3: This is Sayu’s core concept, and there’s a tiny bit to go over so buckle up. Vroom vroom.
- 4 WEAPON #1 (Recommended for best heals): Wolf’s Gravestone
- 5 WEAPON #2 (Recommended for optimal heals): Favonius Greatsword
- 6 ARTIFACT #1 (Recommended for best Support): Viridescent Venerer
- 7 ARTIFACT #2 (Recommended for early Support): Instructor
- 8 PSA #4: There is a Beyblade Sayu build consisting of EM Sayu – Beidou Q – Kaeya Q/Qiqi E – Xiangling Q where you activate all those abilities then use Sayu’s Hold E to spin around enemies to do massive reaction DMG. It’s not the most ideal/optimal comp due to CD and energy cost, but it’s fun and hilarious. I’ll be making a Team Comp guide for it later!
PSA #1: Supports are those battle medics that believe the best way to keep your teammates alive is to kill the enemy 😎
PSA #2: Both Sayu’s abilities scale off ATK, but honestly you’ll have a better time balancing ATK with EM!
PSA #3: This is Sayu’s core concept, and there’s a tiny bit to go over so buckle up. Vroom vroom.
Sayu’s E has 2 damage outputs called Windwheel and Whirlwind Kick.
Windwheel is when she’s in her ball form and rolling around. It will do Anemo DMG UNLESS it infuses with a nearby element, and will infuse in this order: Pyro > Hydro > Electro > Cryo.
Whirlwind Kick is after Windwheel, where Sayu will do an AoE kick attack. The damage of the kick is also based off what element was infused during Windwheel. So if you infused Hydro while rolling around, the kick will also do Hydro DMG. If it doesn’t infuse, then it’ll do Anemo DMG
There are 2 ways to use it: Tap vs Hold
- Tap E will make her do briefly do 1 quick roll and then immediately kick. You can infuse in that brief second before the kick, as long as you roll into it. It will have a 6s CD
- Hold E will turn her into a ball that last 10s. It will do a total of 19 hits, generating energy particles at hit 1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 14, 16, and 19 + the kick at the end which generates energy too (basically you it’s 2 hits per second). Holding for the max 10s will put E on a 11s CD. Shorter you hold it, the lower the CD with the lowest being 6s.
The most efficient way to use Sayu’s E is to Hold E for 2 seconds then Tap E right away. It will generate the most energy for you + give you more than enough time to proc the Swirl you want for 4x VV.
Otherwise, feel free to use her E to get around faster, as it’s faster than sprinting and doesn’t consume any stamina! Just becareful of rocks cause you’ll get stuck on basically anything.
IMPORTANT TIP: The Daruma works like a robot with rules. Here are the rules.
- If the character on the field is below 70% HP, it will heal that character (this heal can overheal past 70% btw)
- If the character on the field is above 70% HP, it will attack nearby enemies (spits an Anemo attack at them)
- If there are no enemies nearby it will heal the character even if they are ABOVE 70% HP
Also here’s the cool part: If you have Sayu’s C1 constellations, it basically ignores all those rules and will heal you to full + attack enemies nearby AT THE SAME TIME!
By the way, the Daruma can get picked up by ally’s Anemo attacks like Kazuha E, Venti Q, etc…
IMPORTANT TIP: Just to show why her A1 passive is pretty decent, here’s some quick math
So let’s say she’s level 90/90 (96 EM), has an EM Sands (187 EM), an EM Goblet (187 EM), and we’ll void any EM substats or weapons. That means every Swirl she’ll heal 300 + 564 (1.2 x 470) or 864 HP. Count Healing Bonus%, EM substats, and the fact it’s just additional healing ontop of her Q, that’s a pretty chunky amount. It’s not too shabby at all!
Keep in mind that this heal applies to EVERYONE in your party, so it’s basically that heal amount x4. It’s like a mini Jean/Barbara Q heal for your team, except you just need to proc Swirl to achieve it!
Talent Leveling Order: Q > E > Normal (you really don’t have to level Normal since you’ll never really NA)
WEAPON #1 (Recommended for best heals): Wolf’s Gravestone
How do I get it D: ? – It’s time to roll boys (gacha)
Wolf’s Gravestone is just a giant ATK providing stat stick. It works great for Sayu since it boosts her Q’s healing + damage. The only downside is Sayu’s Q costs 80 energy, so just make sure to have ample ER% substats and potentially even an ER% Sands to make up for the deficit.
The Unforged also replicates the same concept only if you’re running a shielder. Otherwise, it’s not nearly as good or worth taking. Likewise with Song of Broken Pines, since you need to Normal/Charged Attack to stack the sigils. The EM it provides may be nice, but it’s effect is too much of a hassle and has a long CD.
Skyward Pride is pretty great mainly for the DMG bonus + ER% it provides. If you have it, you can run it over the 4-stars listed below!
WEAPON #2 (Recommended for optimal heals): Favonius Greatsword
How do I get it D: ? – It’s time to roll boys (gacha)
Favonius Greatsword is the most optimal weapon due to the Energy Recharge it provides + the weapon skill being able to provide decent energy mid-fights. At higher refinement, this will become even more prominent and efficient. This will also allow Sayu to get her Q much faster if you have bad ER% stats. Just keep in mind that you won’t really be building CRIT% on your Sayu since she benefits greater from EM + ATK%/flat ATK (plus Swirls don’t get any benefit from CRIT values).
Sacrificial Greatsword is a great alternative if you don’t have Favonius Greatsword, but it’s not as ideal as it sounds. It only refreshes your E every 30s. Even at higher refinements, it’s only once ever 16s. By then, you would/should already have Sayu’s Q up making it redundant. Sacrificial’s only real benefit is that is has ER% and that’s practically it.
Katsuragikiri Nagamasa is okay. The redeeming qualities being it’s F2P (forgable), boosts E DMG, and you can trigger it’s weapon skill off-field. However, it only really shines at higher refinement (at R4+ it’s really worth using) and it requires Prototypes which are already rare as it is.
ARTIFACT #1 (Recommended for best Support): Viridescent Venerer
How do I get it D: ? – Valley of Remembrance Domain (AR 30 locked, 20 Resin per run)
4x VV is just too strong for Anemo supports not to run. Sayu’s whole kit revolves around proc’ing Swirl (for both heals and damage), and boosting Swirl DMG + the fact it shreds Res based on the element infused by 40% for 10s is insane. Considering how easily and consistently Sayu can proc Swirl with her kit, it’s her BiS set.
If you’re lazy and don’t want to farm for 4x VV, then 4x Noblesse will do just fine. You won’t really see as much utility out of it, but you can give your team an ATK buff whenever you Q.
So for those of you who want to run her strictly for the heals, I’m here to tell you that 4x Maiden Beloved is not worth it. You’re better off running two +18% ATK sets, or 2x Maiden + 2x +18% ATK, for stronger heals at that point.
ARTIFACT #2 (Recommended for early Support): Instructor
How do I get it D: ? – Any World Boss (40 Resin per run), or just go steal some chests
Alternatively you can also run 2x Instructor + 2x Exiles too so you can get Sayu’s Q faster. If you want stronger heals early on, then you can run 2x Brave Heart + 2x Sojourner just to scale her Q’s healing output!
PSA #4: There is a Beyblade Sayu build consisting of EM Sayu – Beidou Q – Kaeya Q/Qiqi E – Xiangling Q where you activate all those abilities then use Sayu’s Hold E to spin around enemies to do massive reaction DMG. It’s not the most ideal/optimal comp due to CD and energy cost, but it’s fun and hilarious. I’ll be making a Team Comp guide for it later!
|EM or ER%||ATK% or EM||Healing Bonus%|
Substats: ER% > EM > ATK% (flat ATK if ATK% is main stat) > CRIT values
If you want other characters let me know. Hope this helped. Bye.
I’m confused about your statement that sacrificial greatsword wants crit rate. Shouldn’t that be an issue with favonious greatsword instead?
Oop, that was a typo LOL. Meant to put that under Favonius’ explanation, but guess I was ost in thought while writing, good catch! Will edit it 😛
Is the Rainslasher good on Sayu?
It’s a good placeholder (for the EM!)
If swirl doesn’t crit, how would favonious work? Wouldn’t Katsuragikiri Nagamasa be a better weapon?