Our developers will soon begin performing update maintenance. While the update maintenance is in progress, Travelers will be unable to log in to the game. Please take note of the update time and schedule your game time accordingly.
After this is complete, the game will update to a new version. We recommend that Travelers install this update over a Wi-Fi connection.
Table of Contents
Version 3.8 Maintenance Preview
〓 Update Schedule 〓
Update maintenance begins 2023/07/05 06:00 (UTC+8) and is estimated to take 5 hours.
〓 How to Update Game Client 〓
PC: Close the game, open the Genshin Impact Launcher, and click Update.
iOS: Open the App Store and tap Update.
Android: Open the game and follow the directions on-screen.
PS5™ and PS4™: Highlight Genshin Impact from the Home Screen, press the OPTIONS button and select “Check for Update.”
Please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service if you encounter any issues installing the new version. We will do our very best to resolve the issue.
〓 Compensation Details 〓
Maintenance Compensation: Primogems ×300 (60 Primogems for every hour the servers are down)
〓 Scope of Compensation 〓
Maintenance Compensation: Travelers who have reached Adventure Rank 5 or above by 2023/07/05 06:00 (UTC+8). Compensation must be claimed before the end of Version 3.8.
Our developers will distribute compensation to Travelers via in-game mail within 5 hours after the update maintenance is finished. The mail will expire after 30 days, so don’t forget to claim the attached compensation in time.
For more update details, including bug fixes and other compensation details, please see the Version Update Details notice to be posted at 2023/07/05 07:00 (UTC+8).
Update Content Overview
Adjustments & Optimizations
- Optimizes the “Hold to select multiple items” function operation range and instructions on the Enhancement and Destroy interfaces in the Artifact and Weapon pages.
- For Hangout Events, upon reaching the end of the event and obtaining the Hangout Memory menu, you can use the newly-added “Review Invitation” button to view the narrative checkpoints.
- Optimizes the Quest-tracking process: When the objective is a certain distance from Travelers, clicking Navigate will open the Map.
- The objectives for Archon Quests and certain World Quests will now be listed on the map.
- Optimizes the sorting rules for Archon Quests and certain World Quests.
- Optimizes the display logic for red dots in the Quest Menu.
- Commissions can now be tracked persistently. After your tracked Commission Quest comes to an end, the next Commission Quest will automatically be tracked.
- Adjusts the AoE of the Consecrated Fanged Beast’s Lunging Slash skill so that it stays the same as the area of the visual effect.
- Adjusts sound effects for Kirara by softening the effect heard when moving around in the Urgent Neko Parcel state after holding her Elemental Skill.
- Optimizes certain sound effects in “Genius Invokation TCG.”
- Optimizes the Korean and English voice-over for certain characters and quests.
● Genius Invokation TCG
- Adjusts the text description for Large Wind Spirits summoned by Elemental Bursts after the Character Card “Sucrose” has equipped a Talent Card in Genius Invokation TCG (to differentiate these from Large Wind Spirits summoned when a Talent Card hasn’t been equipped).
- Adjusts the text description for the Talent Card “I Got Your Back” of the Character Card “Noelle” in Genius Invokation TCG (actual effect remains unchanged).
- Adjusts the effect of the Equipment Card “Gambler’s Earrings” in Genius Invokation TCG: this effect is now limited to 3 times per match.
- Adjusts the number of Elemental Dice required and DMG dealt by the Elemental Burst of the Character Card “Yoimiya” in Genius Invokation TCG: the number of dice required has decreased from 4 Pyro Dice to 3, and “Deals 4 Pyro DMG” has been adjusted to “Deals 3 Pyro DMG.”
- Adjusts the Elemental Skill DMG of the Character Card “Beidou” as well as the number of Elemental Dice required and DMG dealt by her Elemental Burst in Genius Invokation TCG: for Wavestrider of her Elemental Skill, “Deals 2 Electro DMG” has been adjusted to “Deals 3 Electro DMG”; the number of dice required for her Elemental Burst has decreased from 4 Electro Dice to 3, and “Deals 3 Electro DMG” has been adjusted to “Deals 2 Electro DMG”.
- Adjusts the Elemental Burst DMG of the Character Card “Xiangling” in Genius Invokation TCG: “Deals 2 Pyro DMG” has been adjusted to “Deals 3 Pyro DMG.”
- Adjusts the Energy required and DMG dealt by the Elemental Burst of Character Card “Razor” in Genius Invokation TCG: the Energy required for the Burst has been decreased from 3 to 2, and “Deals 5 Electro DMG” has been adjusted to “Deals 3 Electro DMG.”
- Adjusts the Elemental Skill DMG and Elemental Burst DMG of the Character Card “Eula” in Genius Invokation TCG: for Grimheart of her Elemental Skill, “DMG +2 for this instance” has been adjusted to “DMG +3 for this instance”; for Lightfall Sword of her Elemental Burst, “End Phase: Discard this card and deal 2 Physical DMG” has been adjusted to “End Phase: Discard this card and deal 3 Physical DMG.”
- Adjusts the collision size of the Spiral Abyss’s floor whereby there was a small chance that it would hamper character movements and attacks.
- Optimizes the display location and size of special effects of certain Elemental applications and Elemental Reactions on enemies.
- Adjusts visual effects when Dendro Cores appear and burst to reduce the load on system performance.
*This is a work of fiction and is not related to any actual people, events, groups, or organizations.
“PlayStation”, “PS5”, “PS4”, “DualSense”, “DUALSHOCK” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.