The last floor is here with the return of Golden Wolflord! Looks like Genshin Impact upped the difficulty more than usual because we’re facing some strong opponents in this version. Continue reading this guide for the full analysis of Floor 12 in the Spiral Abyss.
Table of Contents
Blessing of the Abyssal Moon
After the active character’s Normal, Charged, Plunging Attack deals damage to an opponent, the character will gain a 10% corresponding Elemental or Physical DMG Bonus of that attack for 4s. This effect can be triggered once every 1s. Max 6 stacks (60%). It will be removed when the character leaves the field or deals a different type of Elemental or Physical damage.
You can get a total of 60% Elemental/Physical damage bonus for a limited time. But the thing is, you can easily lose those buffs if your current character deals a different type of damage (Elemental Infusion by other support characters) or leaves the field. The best unit to take advantage of this Blessing is a DPS character that stays on the field for a long time and uses the same type of damage.
For this floor only, the ley line flow will be normal. You won’t have any extra buff from the Ley Line Disorder. Still, there are still a few characters that I recommend strongly!
First of all, if this floor is too hard for you, I recommend creating teams for each Chamber separately. This is because each chamber and first/second half require different types of attacks (single-target/AoE).
For the first half of Floor 12, I recommend Catalyze team because you need the Electro + Dendro in the second chamber against Primal Construct, and for Jademplume Terrorshroom to enter the Activated state (optional). You can use Melt team too for Scorched state, but only if you’re confident of your characters’ build and can destroy the Fungi bubble before they spawn.
While for the second half of Floor 12, bring at least one Anemo CC (especially catalyst) here because you need them on the last chamber as there’s a massive amount of Rifthound. With CC, you can gather and stagger the puppies. Also, a healer, unless you’re great at dodging because the Corrosion hurts a lot. Sucrose is by far the best choice because she can still hit Wolflord while it is flying low enough, and can gather Rifthounds in the last chamber.
Team Example for F2P
For the first half, if you’re going with Catalyze, bring the characters above. There is no healer here (unless you want to switch someone to Kuki Shinobu, which is also great), so you need to know when to evade to minimize the incoming damage. For the second half, we go with Vaporize team with Sucrose helping out Swirl to maximize damage, and also to hit the flying Wolflord (which hopefully will often fly low, depending on your lucks).
If you want the Melt team, I recommend Rosaria-Kaeya-Xiangling-Bennett. Then, for the second half, you can utilize the Taser team Fischl-Beidou-Sucrose-Xiangling. But only if you have confidence in your characters’ build!
Team Example for Veteran
You should’ve seen the Mono Geo team coming. If you have many built Geo characters, then it’s time to unleash them in the second half to take down the Golden Wolflord and Rifthounds. Even if you want to use other elemental reactions, try to bring at least one Geo character because you will need Geo attacks to destroy the blue skulls in the Wolflord stage fast!
Floor 12 Chamber 1
- There is only one wave here and it’s the PMA boss, and it has a very high HP pool. Your best bet is a single-target Elemental DPS to obliterate this one. Remember that this cube has a 70% Physical Resistance.
- Most of its attack is really easy to dodge, so I believe you can handle it just fine. The problem is during its Defensive Mode, it will summon four Ruin Sentinels: Scout, Defender, Destroyer, and Cruiser.
- Attack only the highlighted Sentinel! Do not attack any other because it will be a very waste of your time. Once you defeated the highlighted Sentinel, it will be paralyzed for 20 seconds and all resistance will be lowered by 50%. This is the perfect time to use all your Skills and Bursts. When the boss recovered from the paralyzed state, it will become invincible for a few seconds before resetting its state and using its normal attack patterns again.
Rumbling Stone Aura: Sends 2 rock waves that deal Geo DMG every 4s if the player touches them.
- There are two waves here, and the worst part is Stone Enchanter in the 2nd wave has the Rumbling Stone Aura. For the first wave, if you bring an AoE DPS, then go after the Desert Clearwater/Sunfrost, and the other will get caught in the collateral damage. But if not, focus on Geochanter > Desert Clearwater/Sunfrost.
- I said Geochanter first because it has lower HP, and if he activates his Geo shield, the best element to remove that shield is Geo or claymore attacks. He is not that much of a threat except for one of his skills that creates a dome and increases ATK of all allies in the dome by 20%. You definitely don’t want this skill to appear and buff other enemies.
- For the second wave, once Stone Enchanter reaches HP below 70%, he will enter an enhanced state: summon a crocodile and have increased resistance for all elements. Aim on Stone Enchanter if your DPS can shred all his resistances. But if you can’t, defeat his crocodile first to remove the buff and stun him for 10 seconds.
Floor 12 Chamber 2
- For the first wave, the Primal Constructs are not that near each other, but not too far away either. It will be great if you can gather them with Anemo CC if you bring any so you can defeat them faster and as a group. If you don’t defeat them fast enough, they will enter invisibility mode.
- In case you forgot, there are 2 options you can do here to cancel the invisibility:
- Use Catalyze (Electro + Dendro) reaction on the cores (hidden main body).
- Use Electro attack on the components.
- The first method is more recommended because you don’t really have the time to destroy the components and then attack with Electro to stun it (Unless you’re not aiming for full star here). And if you want full stars, you better complete this stage within 1 minute because the second half will definitely take more time.
- For the second wave, once Galehunter reaches HP below 70%, she will enter an enhanced state: summon a bird and have increased resistance for all elements. If you have faith in your DPS, aim straight at Galehunter and ignore the bird. But if your character can’t deal that much damage on her because of the newly high resistance, defeat the bird first to end her enhanced state, remove the elemental resistance, and stun her for 10 seconds. Don’t worry because she won’t enter the enhanced state again after that.
- This is a nightmare floor with the return of Golden Wolflord from version 2.5. Right from the start, this enemy will take its sweet time with the animation to enter the arena. Since this snake favors flying so much, you should bring powerful ranged characters. Not only you can attack it from a safe distance while staying away from the enemy’s attacks, but you can also save more stamina for emergencies and attack it when it’s flying.
- I only recommend melee characters that can dish out damages through their Elemental Skill like Hu Tao (not Burst) so they don’t need to charge energy which you don’t really have the opportunity to do so. The best time for melee to attack is when the Wolflord is performing its tornado, laser beam, or ramming attack.
- Once the Wolflord reaches about 66% HP or lower, it will generate a shield and summon 3 Rifthound Skulls. You need to hit these skulls with elemental attacks (Geo is the best for this job) to destroy the Wolflord’s shield. You should bring at least one Geo character to the team for this task. Once the shield is broken, the Wolflord will be stunned in the middle of the arena for a significantly long amount of time and also the perfect time to spam your Skills and Bursts.
- Let’s not forget about its attack that can inflict Corrosion. You must bring a healer because this debuff will ignore your shield, DEF, RES, and can only be removed by a healer. So aside from a Geo character, make sure to bring a healer.
Floor 12 Chamber 3
- The first and only wave is with Jadeplume Terrorshroom. This enemy is easy to defeat because their attacks are easy to avoid and it only has resistance against Dendro elements.
- First of all, when the challenge starts, make sure you are in range within Jadeplume’s attack range. This is because all of their attacks are short range and you can simply dodge to avoid taking any damage. Of course, if you bring a shielder which is highly recommended, you can end the fight faster by brute force attacking Jadeplume.
- There are 3 states of Jadeplume: Normal, Activated, Scorched.
- The normal state is the one you’re dealing in its default form.
- Activated state is when the Fury bar under its HP is filled by Electro attacks from your character. When Jadeplume is in Activated form, it has different attack modes but will eventually paralyzed from exhaustion for 15 seconds.
- The last state is Scorched when Jadeplume is affected by Burning (Dendro+Pyro). It’s not really a big deal except for its skill that can summon a maximum of 4 Fungi, which will make you lose precious time in the challenge. That is, unless you manage to destroy the Fungi bubble before the Fungi spawns.
- Among all states, I recommend bringing Electro character to the party and making Jadeplume enter the Activated state. Once it is paralyzed, you have a really huge window to unleash all Skill and Burst against it.
Rumbling Stone Ability: 2 rock waves will cross the ground and deal Geo DMG when a character touches them.
- This is why you should bring a healer. Now you need to defeat 12 spawns of the abyss, where each can inflict Corrosion on your party member.
- When the challenge started, there will be 6 Rockfond Rifthound Whelps. Anemo CC and healer are extremely recommended here to keep the Whelps from moving too far away and to spread your elemental attacks to all of them.
- Since they will keep chasing after you, gathering them would be easy, even better if you corner them all to the wall. The only thing left is to spam your attacks and make sure your healer does a great job to remove the Corrosion that even a shield can’t help you with.
- Geo character is yet again recommended here because when the Rifthounds enter the Elemental Devourer state, they will have lower resistance against Geo. When the three Rifthound parents appear, your job is still the same where you need to spam your attacks, gather them in one location, and make sure your health is okay. However, you need to focus on the Rifthound that has Rumbling Stone Aura.
You had reached the end of Spiral Abyss, congratulations! I hope you are satisfied with the number of stars you gain from the dungeon. Although you can retry the challenge multiple times, don’t push yourself too hard just to get the remaining Primogems.