The Exquisite Night Chimes is the main event in Genshin Impact 3.4. You can start playing this event starting on January 19, with many featured playable characters in the Lantern Rite festival.
Table of Contents
- 1 Gameplay Overview
- 2 Gameplay Detail
- 2.1 Radiant Sparks
- 2.2 Paper Theater
- 2.2.1 Homecoming: Scene I
- 2.2.2 Homecoming: Scene II
- 2.2.3 Homecoming: Scene III
- 2.2.4 Across Mountains I
- 2.2.5 Across Mountains II
- 2.2.6 Across Mountains III
- 2.2.7 Over Peaks Stage I
- 2.2.8 Over Peaks Stage II
- 2.2.9 Over Peaks Stage III
- 2.2.10 Adeptus Ex Stage I
- 2.2.11 Adeptus Ex Stage II
- 2.2.12 Adeptus Ex Stage III
- 2.3 Vigilance at Sea
- 2.4 Behind the Scenes
- 3 Gameplay Rewards
➥ The event has started in Genshin Impact from January 19 at 10:00 AM until February 6 at 03:59 AM (Server Time). You got more than 3 weeks to complete all the event tasks and claim the rewards.
➥ There are 2 requirements you need to complete before you can participate in the event:
1. Adventure Rank 28 or above
2. Complete Archon Quest “A New Star Approaches”
※ Complete Archon Quest “The Crane Returns on the Wind” and Yelan’s Story Quest “Umbrabilis Orchis Chapter: Act I” first to get the best experience from this event.
※ If you have not completed Archon Quest “The Crane Returns on the Wind” and Yelan’s Story Quest “Umbrabilis Orchis Chapter: Act I” during the event, you can enter the event through “Quick Start” in the event page.
The Exquisite Night Chimes is divided into 4 themes:
Theme 1: Radiant Sparks
● A special time trial challenge. When the moon is suspended high, race with blossoming flames as your companions.
Theme 2: Paper Theater
● Dive into the Paper Theatre and learn the true narratives behind the scenes at play while assisting the artisans in the completion of the performance.
Theme 3: Vigilance at Sea
● Captain the Waverider and complete time trial challenges designed by a navigator of the Alcor to help her find the most optimal sea routes and train the sailors of Liyue Harbor.
Theme 4: Behind the Scenes
● Assist the Ministry of Civil Affairs in an operation to clear enemies out from the wilderness to ensure the safety of the Liyue Harbor region.
➥ In this gameplay mode, you are required to completed special racing trials and collect as many Challenge Coins as possible.
➥ During this challenge, you can obtain the Technique ‘Sparkling Rush‘ by collecting Aegises of Sparks. Casting the technique will make you dash forward for a distance and collect all the nearby Challenge Coins. Additionally, Sparkling Rush can pierce through barriers of the Obstruction Fruits. In other words, akin to Xiao’s Elemental Skill.
➥ In addition, you can jump to certain heights quickly with the power of ‘Firework Fruits‘ and your Wind Glider will automatically deploy upon reaching the highest point. In the Radiant Sparks challenge, the less time taken and the more Challenge Coins collected, the higher your final score will become.
➥ In this gameplay mode, you must help complete the Paper Play performance. The Paper Play’s stage consists of multiple paper theaters. Some of them can be moved to change positions.
➥ After the performance begins, the actor named Huanguang wil move at a fixed speed across the stage, and will change direction upon making contact with the paper theather’s edge or any obstacles.
➥ Traps will appear to impede the journey of Huanguang. Touching them will cause the performance to fail. Move the stage sections to change his path and avoid traps such that he can reach his destination. After a period of time in the challenge, you can use the ‘Support’ feature to get some help.
➥ Huanguang can leap from an upper level of the stage to a lower level via gaps, but if he falls through a gap on the lower level of the stage, he will fall off the stage, which will result in a performance failure.
➥ Huanguang has the protection of the adeptus and can ride on the wind. When he reaches a place where the wind rises, he can ride its flow and reach the stage’s upper level.
Homecoming: Scene I
1. Right after starting the performance, switch the ▼ lower middle to the ▼ lower left.
Homecoming: Scene II
1. After starting the performance, change the ▼ lower middle to the ▼ lower right.
2. Once Huanguang change direction and enter the ▼ lower left, switch it to the ▼ lower right.
Homecoming: Scene III
1. Change the ▼ lower middle to the ▼ lower right.
2. Wait until Huanguang change direction but still in the ▼ lower middle before switching it to the ▼ lower right.
Across Mountains I
1. Wait until Huanguang changes direction using the obstacles and enters the ▼ bottom left box, then switch it to the ▲ top right.
2. Once he enters the ▲ top left box, switch it to the ▲ top right box.
Across Mountains II
1. Switch the ▲ top left to the ▲ top right.
2. Once Huanguang enters the ▲ top middle, change the ▲ top right to the ▲ top left again.
3. After Huanguang enters the ▲ top right, switch it to the ▲ top left again.
Across Mountains III
1. Switch the ▼ bottom left to the ▲ top right.
2. Wait until Huanguang enters the ▲ top left before switching it to the ▲ top right.
3. Move the ▲ top left to the ▼ bottom middle.
Over Peaks Stage I
1. Switch the ▼ bottom left box to the ▼ bottom right.
2. Move the ▲ top left box to the ▼ bottom middle.
3. Once Huanguang enters the ▼ bottom middle box, switch it to the ▼ bottom left.
Over Peaks Stage II
1. Switch the ▼ bottom middle box to the ▲ top right.
2. After Huanguang presses the button, switch the ▼ bottom middle box to the ▲ top right.
3. Move the ▼ bottom right box to the ▼ bottom left.
4. Once Huanguang enters the ▼ bottom middle box, switch it to the ▼ bottom left.
Over Peaks Stage III
1. Switch the ▼ bottom left box to the ▼ bottom right.
2. Switch the ▼ bottom middle to the ▲ top left.
3. Once Huanguang enters the ▼ bottom middle box, switch it to the ▲ top left so he will fall down and push down the button.
4. Move the ▼ bottom left box to the ▼ bottom right.
5. When Huanguang enters the ▼ bottom middle box, move it to the ▲ top left box.
6. Finally, once Huanguang switches direction, move the ▲ top left box to the ▼ bottom middle one.
Adeptus Ex Stage I
1. Switch the ▲ top left box to the ▲ top right so Huanguang will change direction.
2. Switch the ▲ top right box to the ▼ bottom middle.
3. Once Huanguang enters the ▼ bottom left box, switch it to the ▲ top right.
4. Lastly, switch the ▲ top left box to the ▼ bottom middle.
Adeptus Ex Stage II
1. Wait until Huanguang enters the ▲ top middle box before switching it to the ▼ bottom right.
2. Switch the ▼ top middle to the ▼ bottom middle.
3. Once he presses the button on the ▼ bottom right box, switch it to the ▼ bottom left.
4. Switch the ▼ bottom left box to the ▲ top middle.
5. Lastly, after Huanguang gets the key in the ▼ bottom middle box, switch it to the ▲ top middle.
Adeptus Ex Stage III
1. Wait until Huanguang enters the ▼ bottom middle box before switching it to the ▲ top left.
2. Switch the ▼ bottom left box to the ▼ bottom middle.
3. Wait until Huanguang enters the ▼ bottom right box before moving the ▼ bottom left and ▼ bottom middle.
4. When Huanguang enters the ▼ bottom middle box, switch it to the ▲ top left. Then, move the ▼ bottom right box to the ▼ bottom left.
5. Switch the ▼ bottom left box to the ▼ bottom right.
6. Once Huanguang enters the ▼ bottom middle box, switch it to the ▲ top left.
7. Lastly, after Huanguang hit the wall and changes direction in the ▲ top left box, switch it to the ▲ top middle.
Vigilance at Sea
➥ In this gameplay mode, you must go to the Alcor to take part in the Waverider race challenge and collect Challenge Coins. The more Challenge Coins you have at the end of the challenge, the higher your final score will be.
➥ Vigilance at Sea is divided into two gameplay modes where you can accumulate points and obtain rewards:
Billowing Waves: Co-Op Mode
Tranquil Waters: Single Player Mode
You may obtain all rewards by completing challenges in either mode.
➥ During the challenge, the Waverider’s HP will be replaced by Durability. This differs depending on which mode are you playing on:
Billowing Waves (Co-Op): You will lose your obtained Challenge Coins, and enter a Voyage Observer state where you are unable to pick up any Challenge Coins and Prop Lamps. After a period of waiting, the Voyage Observer state will end, and you can continue the challenge.
Tranquil Waters (Single Player): The challenge will end and you will go straight to the score calculation screen.
➥ The Waverider will not be able to use its Heavy Cannon when the challenge begins. You will gain random Techniques by collecting Prop Lamps in each stage. Make use of the these Techniquest to smoothly sail through the challenge.
➥ The event consists of three challenge levels, one of which is chosen at random before you start: Crossing the Thrumming Waves, The Floating Lantern’s Mystique, and Mystical Elevation. View Gameplay Details for the rules of the different stages.
Crossing the Thrumming Waves
The sea lances where danger and opportunity meet are dotted with vortexes and hidden currents that can speed your Waverider up. When the challenge progresses to a specific checkpoint, a giant vortex may appear.
A giant vortex that will pull on your Waverider very strongly is present in this sea region, and large numbers of Challenge Coins can be found at the edges of this vortex.
The Floating Lantern’s Mystique
A great number of Xiao lanterns are floating atop the glimmering waves, and special Luxurious Coins will be present within a few of these Xiao lanterns. When the challenge progress reaches a certain checkpoint, fireworks will go up in the surrounding sea region. Follow their colors and choose the correct Xiao Lantern to solve lantern riddles.
When fireworks go up in the surrounding sea regions, follow their colors and shapes to choose the correct Xiao Lantern and obtain Challenge Coins. If you do not choose correctly, your Waverider will be destroyed, so keep your eyes peeled for the correct solutions to the lantern riddles.
Luxurious Challenge Coins may be found within the ocean lanes lined with Sea Balloons. When the challenge reaches a specific checkpoint, these balloons will begin to dump cargo, and a mist shall descend over the ocean’s surface.
The Sea Balloons will dump out cargo that hold either Luxurious Challenge Coins or bombs. Keep your wits about you as you collect the cargoes, for risk and opportunity walk hand-in-hand here.
Behind the Scenes
➥ In this gameplay mode, you must head to the challenge destination to defeat opponents in the wilderness. In other words, the usualy defeating mob of enemies to complete the challenge.
➥ When and opponent is defeated, a shockwave will be released at the position where they have fallen, dealing Pyro DMG.
➥ Since it is the main event, you can expect to get myriad of rewards after completing its various tasks. Following are the full list of items you will get, keep in mind that all the rewards need to be claimed manually from the event page:
1. 770 Primogems
2. Firework (Between the Exquisite Throws of Her Enigmatic Dice)
3. Firework (Rainforest-Born Fungi)
4. Firework (Cliffbreaker’s Banner Flutters in Drum Rolls)
5. Firework (Obliging Little Yuegui)
6. Firework (Inuzaka General’s Friendly Helper)
7. Firework (That Fairly Effectual “Advice” Against Wine)
8. Furniture Recipe (Propitious Screen: Instruments in the Distance)
9. Furniture Recipe (Propitious Screen: Genuine Words Travel Far)
10. Crown of Insight
11. Furniture (Between Moonlit Hills)
12. Furniture (A Guest of Noble Character)
13. 3 Vajrada Amethyst Fragment
14. 3 Vayuda Turquoise Fragment
15. 3 Shivada Jade Fragment
16. 3 Prithiva Topaz Fragment
17. 780000 Mora
18. 21 Hero’s Wit
19. 42 Mystic Enhancement Ore
20. 16 Guide to Prosperity
21. 16 Guide to Diligence
22. 16 Guide to Gold
23. 20 Adventurer’s Experience
24. One 4-star Liyue character of your choice
➥ Surprisingly, and unfortunately, the Primogem rewards for this event is quite low despite it being a main event. Hopefully the 4-star Liyue character compensate for that loss.