Tighnari Quick TL;DR DPS Build Guide
Table of Contents
- 1 PSA #1: A DPS is that one friend who is oddly good at just one thing; they’re just good at killing
- 2 PSA #2: Both of Tighnari’s abilities scale off ATK, but he also benefits a bit from EM as well. I’ve also included how Dendro reactions work below, so make sure to give that a look too.
- 3 WEAPON #1 (Recommended for best DPS): Hunter’s Path
- 4 WEAPON #2 (Recommended for 4-star DPS): Prototype Crescent
- 5 ARTIFACTS (Recommended for best DPS): Deepwood Memories
PSA #1: A DPS is that one friend who is oddly good at just one thing; they’re just good at killing
PSA #2: Both of Tighnari’s abilities scale off ATK, but he also benefits a bit from EM as well. I’ve also included how Dendro reactions work below, so make sure to give that a look too.
Tighnari’s Charged Attack is his core DPS, and essentially has a similar playstyle to Ganyu. It’s not complicated, but there are many factors that improve his CA – which will be discussed below.
There are 2 levels to his CA:
- Level 1: Fires a regular charged shot that deals Dendro DMG
- Level 2: Fires a “Wreath Arrow” that does Dendro DMG. On hit, it will spawn 4 “Clusterbloom Arrows” that will automatically track enemies and deal Dendro DMG.
One neat thing is that you don’t have to directly hit an enemy to have the Clusterbloom arrows track. If enemies are near the initial explosion vicinity, it will track nearby foes.
E plays in tandem to Charged Attacks as they vastly decrease the charging time for CA.
3 Important things to note:
- You DO NOT have to be standing in the E’s created field to benefit from the buff. Simply using it grants the charging buff
- Buff decreases charging time by 2.4s, making it basically instant
- This buff disappears once you shoot 3 Charged Attacks OR the E duration ends (12s)
The ideal way to start a fight is to do your buff rotation > Tighnari E/Q > Charged Attack > repeat.
This is a great opportunity to explain how Dendro Elemental Reactions work. There’s just one layer to the reactions:
Dendro + Electro = Quicken
- Quicken is an applied aura, sort of like when your character is “Wet” or “Burning.”
- Electro + Quicken = will apply “Aggravate” and add bonus DMG to your Electro attack
- Dendro + Quicken = willy apply “Spread” and add bonus DMG to your Dendro attack
Dendro + Pyro = Burning
- Pretty sure everyone is familiar with this, but Burning essentially applies a Pyro DMG tick to whoever is burning alive
Dendro + Hydro = Bloom
- Bloom creates a “Dendro Core” with only 5 max allowed at one time. If nothing occurs, they explode after 6 seconds dealing AoE Dendro DMG
- Pyro + Dendro Core = Burgeon
- Burgeon causes the Dendro Core to explode immediately, dealing a larger AoE Dendro DMG explosion – only caveat is you also receive damage from this
- Hydro + Dendro Core = Hyperbloom
- Hyperbloom will spawn “Sprawling Shots” that auto-target enemies and deal Dendro DMG. Basically it’s like a mini Tighnari Q
Essentially, it will spawn a max of 12 Tanglevine Shafts; 6 in the initial cast and 6 more after contact.
It is an extremely low cost and CD burst, which make up for the low scaling multipliers. Use it as often as you can (optimally after your E > 3 CA combo).
The scaling is per 1 EM = 0.06& DMG bonus. It’s insanely bad. To put into perspective, if you’re running an average EM buffer comp, you can hit 500 EM.
500 x 0.06 = 30% DMG bonus to your CA and Q. It’s a decent chunk, but you can also afford the same bonuses from ATK/CRIT builds – which also maintains a higher, near 100%, uptime in DPS.
Talent Leveling Order: NA > Q > E (leveling your E doesn’t really do much)
WEAPON #1 (Recommended for best DPS): Hunter’s Path
How do I get it D: ? – It’s time to roll boys (gacha)
Hunter’s Path provides an insane amount of CRIT% and base ATK, which allows for a bit of stat allocation breathing space for your CRIT DMG Circlet. It also provides 12% Elemental DMG bonus at all times and a CA DMG buff based on 160% of your EM. While this may sound like a warrant to build EM, it’s not a huge priority. Just focus EM as substat and you’ll still gain a hefty bonus.
Amos’ Bow is an obvious choice as it provides a hefty buff to your CA DMG. Not only that, but it gains additional DMG based on the range – which works similar to Ganyu’s Bloom shot. Tighnari’s Clusterbloom arrows will also gain this bonus while they’re looking for an enemy to hit.
Elegy of the End is worth considering for the EM build, as it can provide a surge of EM to both Tighnari and your team. Polar Star is negligible as it takes too long to optimally stack for the ATK boost provided.
WEAPON #2 (Recommended for 4-star DPS): Prototype Crescent
How do I get it D: ? – Forge (Prototype x1, Crystal Chunk x50, White Iron Chunk x50)
Prototype Crescent has been a staple for F2P Ganyu players, and will continue to do so for Tighnari. Simply hitting a weak point, which is usually the head for 90% of mobs, will provide an insane 36% ATK buff as well as a nice Movement Speed buff. This is easily to proc, and only really needs some practice to consistently pinpoint weak spots. Only downside is a few mobs don’t have weak points, meaning performance will stagger there.
There are a ton of great 4-star options for Tighnari, so I’ll keep it short:
Stringless is insanely good for EM Tighnari, as it not only provides ample amount of EM but also bonus DMG to his E and Q.
Windblume Ode is an easier to use version of Prototype Crescent. Simply use E and gain a 32% ATK buff. This works well since Tighnari needs to use his E prior to CA to gain the charging buff.
Viridescent Hunt is a BP bow that provides CRIT%, allowing for easier artifact stat allocation for your CRIT DMG circlet. The weapon skill is also insanely helpful for grouping enemies for your E and Q AoE.
ARTIFACTS (Recommended for best DPS): Deepwood Memories
How do I get it D: ? – Spire of Solitary Enlightenment Domain (AR 22 locked, 20 Resin per run)
4x Deepwood Memories is an obvious BiS for Tighnari as the 2x bonus boosts Dendro DMG by 15% and the 4x bonus decreases enemy’s Dendro RES by 30%. This set is essentially the Dendro variant of Viridescent Venerer, and serves the same purpose of providing insane, constant DMG uptime. Only downside is that it can currently only be farmed in Sumeru.
For Reaction based comps, 4x Wanderer or the new 4x Gilded sets can also work perfectly fine. 4x Wanderer is more focused on boosting mainly Tighnari’s DMG, as the 4x bonus provides a 35% CA buff. Whereas the 4x Gilded is focused on providing a spread of buffs for your entire team, allowing them to subsequently boost Tighnari in return. Or if you’re lazy and just want big EM, you can run 2x Wanderer + 2x Gilded for the 160 EM.
For newer players, 4x Martial Artist is a great placeholder set, as it boosts your CA DMG by 40% overall. Since your E CD is fairly low, you’ll be able to achieve near 100% uptime on this buff as well (works out since you need to utilize your E anyways for the charging buff).
|ATK%/EM||Dendro DMG%||CRIT% or CRIT DMG|
Go EM for Sands for the EM/Reaction build/comps.
Substats: CRIT% > CRIT DMG > ATK (ATK% if not main stat) > EM
If you want other characters let me know. Hope this helped. Bye.