Throughout your adventures in Genshin Impact, you may have come across an unhostile enemy called Unusual Hilichurl chilling around. This enemy is also commonly known as Wei, based on the director and founder of miHoYo, Liu Wei (who also makes cameo appearances in other miHoYo games). Here is our guide on everything we know about the elusive Unusual Hilichurl, and why you might be interested in farming them.
Type: Common Enemies
Description: Menace of the Mansion
Possible Rewards: Mora, Adventure Experience, Cabbage
The rewards for killing an Unusual Hilichurl are unspectacular and the time required to look for these is most likely not worth the Adventure Experience, though they do add up if you choose to do it every day.
- 1 to 3 Cabbage
- 18 Adventure Experience (for up to 10 kills per day for a total of 180)
- 233 Mora
The main reason you would want to farm these (or just hope for the best during your adventures) is for the achievement …Well, That Was Strange in Challenger – Series II. You can get up to 35 Primogems and the associated namecard style for completing the achievement series.
- 1 kill: 5 Primogems
- 20 kills: 10 Primogems
- 50 kills: 20 Primogems
The Unusual Hilichurl have unique respawn mechanics:
- There are 15 potential locations that the first Unusual Hilichurl will spawn in your world.
- When the first Unusual Hilichurl is killed, a second one will spawn in one of other 14 possible locations. After this, they respawn again after a 12 hour cooldown allowing you to kill another two.
- It is recommended you do this in co-op mode to help with the search, and making sure each party member hits the enemy so that everybody gets the rewards and progress towards the achievement.
- You can switch between your friend’s world to kill more between the 12 hour respawn timer if you want the maximum daily Adventure Experience limit.
Below is the map outlining the 15 Unusual Hilichurl locations and our gameplay video.