Wanderer (edgy teen that got adopted by a radish…)
|24/7 Anemo procs||Strong self-buffs||Has CRIT% as hidden stat|
|Not reliant on constellations||Decent damage multipliers||High single target DPS|
|Viable as burst DPS||Extremely easy to gear/play||Can CA spam|
|Wrong inputs can significantly lower DPS||Very prone to get hit/interrupted||Suffers against shields A LOT|
|A1 Passive buff can be inconsistent||Hidden potential locked behind C4|
PSA #1: Wanderer is an extremely fun DPS with extremely high DPS windows, but can also have very low DPS if interrupted/knocked back or you accidentally use Points jumping or dashing. However, these problems can be easily amended with some practice and proper team comps!
Who to take (alternatives explained below!):
- Her E is capable of providing AoE grouping CC and can apply the 30% Anemo RES debuff
- Q can deal a massive instance of Anemo DMG and provides the 28.8% Anemo DMG buff on top of the debuff to boost Wanderer’s DPS
- Her Ascension 4 Passive provides a significant boost to Wanderer’s outgoing DPS while her Burst is active!
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH ANY ANEMO OR KAZUHA/VENTI FOR STRONGER AOE + ENERGY BATTERY
- His E provides a DMG Reduction shield that also provides small heals 4x + boosts interruption RES
- Q allows Xingqiu to become a Burst DPS, allowing Wanderer to Swirl Hydro and constantly refreshing the DMG Reduction shield
- Can infuse Wanderer’s Ascension 1 Passive to increase total Points to 120, allowing for more NA/CA combos — resulting in more DPS
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH YELAN FOR SAME RESULT + DMG BOOST OR ROSARIA FOR CRYO INFUSEMENT (+20% CRIT RATE)
- E is a low CD, spammable Pyro applicator that can also frequently provide energy + can run 4x Noblesse for +20% ATK buff
- His Q is one of the strongest heals + ATK buffers in the game, boosting Wanderer’s DMG by A LOT and proc’s Pyro to enemies inside AoE
- Can infuse Wanderer’s Ascension 1 Passive to increase ATK by 20%, providing a raw DPS buff
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH THOMA FOR SHIELD + PYRO APPLICATION OR ZHONGLI FOR A MASSIVE SHIELD AND INTERRUPTION RESISTANCE!
PSA #2: The rotation is extremely simple: Bennett E > Xingqiu E > Faruzan E/Q for buffs > Wanderer E into NA/CA combo > repeat. Make sure to use Bennett and Xingqiu’s Bursts whenever they’re available, but BEFORE you use Faruzan’s Q.
I’ve found massive success running Rosaria/Shenhe instead of Xingqiu as well. Not only do you get the 20% CRIT Rate buff from infusing A1 Passive, but Shenhe can also buff NA/CA by +15% with her A1 Passive when using E.
Faruzan is also a great addition and honestly adds around 22k-35k additional DPS to my Wanderer (depends on how well I manage my rotation though).
Great flex slot alternatives:
- Kazuha/Venti – Kazuha and Venti stand out mainly due to their battery frequency and extremely strong AoE grouping CC. 4x VV doesn’t really matter too much for buffing Wanderer’s DPS, but can help other member’s total output!
- Sucrose – Sucrose can fulfill the same role as Kazuha/Venti but she’s more focused on hyperbuffing: mainly focusing on EM muling + ATK buffing with TTDS
- Yelan – Yelan fulfills the same role as Xingqiu, except you’re trading off tankiness for more DMG (since Yelan’s A4 Passive provides DMG to the active character)
- Rosaria – Rosaria has a spammable Cryo application with her E, and her Q is great for consistently re-applying Cryo in a large AoE. Mainly used for providing that +20% CRIT Rate though.
- Shenhe – Shenhe fulfills the same role as Rosaria, except she can more directly buff Wanderer’s NA/CA DMG via her A1 Passive (+15% NA/CA DMG buff). I her burst is also a bit more reliable than Rosaria’s due to the frequency + larger AoE
- Thoma – Thoma’s shield isn’t the focus, but rather his Burst. It provides a decent shield, but it turns him into a Pyro Xingqiu. Plus, it makes it easy to gain the Pyro infusement, giving Wanderer +20% ATK while in Windfavored form
- Xiangling – Run as a Burst DPS/sub DPS option, but she also can apply massive amount of Pyro and DMG at the same time. The chili pepper ATK buff is a plus (if you can pick it up consistently for Wanderer)
- Zhongli – Strongest shield in the game makes Zhongli extremely viable for Wanderer. Having not to worry about knockback/interruption while in Windfavored form saves A LOT of time and DPS output (since you don’t have to worry about repositioning). Plus his Burst can deal massive DMG and apply a strong CC
- Raiden/Yae/Fishcl/Beidou – All four have serious Electro application utility. Raiden and Yae are more focused on Burst DPS nuke when Windfavored ends, while Fischl and Beidou are more for F2P options. The Electro infusement for A1 Passive’s additional energy regen is nice, but not necessary.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS BELOW! I’ll try my best to respond as I know some players may not have ANY of the characters mentioned.
Hope this helped. Bye.