Team comp guide on the best elements and characters to use with Yanfei for Genshin Impact.
Yanfei (you commit a crime, and she’s the opposing party’s legal advisor… wdyd 😨)
|Low E CD||Good damage multipliers||Extremely easy to play|
|Strong self buffs||Pyro DMG% as hidden stat||High nuke damage potential|
|Decent AoE||Can sustain her own DPS||Getting to C2 is really all you need|
|Long Q CD||High Q Cost||Practically no ER|
|VERY SQUISHY||Seals are lost when swapped out||Needs to be played optimally|
|Her A4 passive makes it difficult to proc melt properly||Needs 2 different boss mats to ascend|
PSA #1: While it does seem like she has a few cons, it’s actually not that noticeable. She’s extremely centered on her Normal/Charged Attacks for damage, so Q issues and ER can be ignored. However, she just needs a good melt/vaporize team to really bring out her DPS potential!
Who to take (alternatives explained below!):
- Sucrose’s normal attacks and E can be used to quickly proc a pyro swirl, activating Viridescent Venerer’s resistance shred + granting EM to boost Yanfei’s DPS
- Her E and Q are great sources of AoE CC for grouping + provides even further DMG bonuses to Yanfei
- Can be geared with TTDS to further expand Yanfei’s nuke rotation (+48% ATK is no joke!)
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH ANEMO MC OR VENTI IF YOU WANT A MORE SPAMMABLE BATTERY + FASTER CC
- Xingqiu’s E grants DMG reduction and also heals slightly, acting as a crutch for your squishy Yanfei (also applies wet to nearby enemies)
- His Q synergizes with Yanfei’s Normal Attack combo, granting quick applications for vaporize damage and bolstering overall DPS
- Can be run as a secondary DPS, and can deal with Yanfei’s one true enemy: the pyro slime
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH KAEYA OR MONA IF YOU WANT TO USE TAUNT + Q TO ENHANCE NUKE POTENTIAL
- Grants pyro resonance, which grants bonus ATK%, and can spam his E to grant energy for Yanfei
- His Q grants an ATK buff and probably one of the strongest heals in the game, making your Yanfei a bit tankier
- Bennett himself is extremely tanky as well (due to HP stacking for support build), so he can be used as a meat shield until his Q is up to heal Yanfei in emergencies
- CAN BE REPLACED WITH BARBARA OR DIONA IF YOU ARE RUNNING MELT + WANT SHIELDS FOR EASIER GAMEPLAY
PSA #2: The comp above is mainly for a vaporize comp (which is my preferred comp) for Yanfei. It works just as well as it does for Klee, and arguably a cheap and easy comp to gear and run. Below will be listed other alternatives for different comps (based on what artifact you’re running!)
Great flex slot alternatives:
- Venti – His Q + VV also makes him extremely lethal to pair with Yanfei. Grouped enemies in his Q actually do get hurt by Yanfei’s Charged Attack, so it works pretty well
- Kaeya (MELT COMP) – His spammable E makes applying cryo for melt very easy, and his Q makes him a very passive support that doesn’t require much rotation
- Mona – More for her utility, as her taunt can be invaluable in areas like the Abyss to take heat off Yanfei. Her Q pairs amazingly with Yanfei’s charged attack (or her Q as well)
- Barbara – Only if you somehow don’t have either Bennett or Diona. Just be aware that her E applies wet when it heal ticks, and can cause your character to be frozen or electro-charged
- Diona (MELT COMP) – Extremely spammable and strong shield, that also applies cryo to multiple enemies, and can create a massive cryo field that heals and applies cryo even more… do I need to continue?
- Zhongli (RETRACING BOLIDE) – Long lasting and strong shield that not only protects Yanfei, but gives her the Bolide’s 40% DMG bonus to Charged Attacks
- Xinyan – While not the greatest (or popular) shield or pyro character, she can be used as an alternative burst DPS. Plus, she can deal with Geo shields fairly well
- Fischl – Oz is great for spreading electro procs, which can be paired with Yanfei for overloaded comp. Not the most efficient, but can be useful against shields, geo units, and overall for nuking potential if you don’t have any of the other characters mentioned!
- Beidou – Likewise with Fischl, but can be run as a sub DPS. Her Q is also a great and easy method to provide a bit of tankiness and spread electro for overloaded procs
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS BELOW! I’ll try my best to respond as I know some players may not have ANY of the characters mentioned.
Hope this helped. Bye.